MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-20-2002, 01:49 AM   #1
WhizzBomb
Registered Member

Exclamation Legal issue or just unfortunate experience

Ok, so here's the deal.

I decide on a 02 GT. I ask the salesman for a test drive. I said any color but yellow or red (no offence to anyone). He put me in a sonic blue. Have a good drive, am happy and return.

I say I'd like to upgrage to a Mach 1000 sound system. Without looking (he peeked in about 6 cars) he says they don't have any available. I ask for one with a 6CD changer (same question maybe?) and again the answer is there aren't any.

So, fine, I'm getting a good trade w/0% so I got for it.

The next day I realize that there are 500 miles on it (my bad for not looking before). two days later the roof starts leaking (which they fix the same day). 2 days later the leak starts again on both sides and there is this nasty squeling sound whenever the drivers side window is open or closed. I haven't had those looked at yet

Right now if I'm wondering if they were trying to get rid on that particular car for some reason (not checking inventory for a car that would have made them more money) or if it was "a coincidence."

I ran a CarFax report and in came back clean. I've put about 1k of miles since I've had it. (495 total)

May question is do I go to the dealer for selling me a "new" car w/500 miles on with and leaks? Ford corporate? Get a lemmon-law laywer?

Anyone had any similiar expeniences with roof leaks in 02 GTs? (Not Conv.)

Dealership is Century Ford in Rockville, MD.

Any and all ideas and suggestings greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys =)

Joe
MD, USA
WhizzBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 10:50 AM   #2
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Default Re: Legal issue or just unfortunate experience

Quote:
Originally posted by WhizzBomb
Ok, so here's the deal.

I decide on a 02 GT. I ask the salesman for a test drive. I said any color but yellow or red (no offence to anyone). He put me in a sonic blue. Have a good drive, am happy and return.

I say I'd like to upgrage to a Mach 1000 sound system. Without looking (he peeked in about 6 cars) he says they don't have any available. I ask for one with a 6CD changer (same question maybe?) and again the answer is there aren't any.

So, fine, I'm getting a good trade w/0% so I got for it.

The next day I realize that there are 500 miles on it (my bad for not looking before). two days later the roof starts leaking (which they fix the same day). 2 days later the leak starts again on both sides and there is this nasty squeling sound whenever the drivers side window is open or closed. I haven't had those looked at yet

Right now if I'm wondering if they were trying to get rid on that particular car for some reason (not checking inventory for a car that would have made them more money) or if it was "a coincidence."

I ran a CarFax report and in came back clean. I've put about 1k of miles since I've had it. (495 total)

May question is do I go to the dealer for selling me a "new" car w/500 miles on with and leaks? Ford corporate? Get a lemmon-law laywer?

Anyone had any similiar expeniences with roof leaks in 02 GTs? (Not Conv.)

Dealership is Century Ford in Rockville, MD.

Any and all ideas and suggestings greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys =)

Joe
MD, USA
Roof leaking on a coupe? weird.......doesnt constitute a lemon though...and yes it is your fault for buying a car without checking the mileage...lol....6cd changers are in the mach 460 as well....and my 02GT's windows squeak like a mfer unless theyre wet, but only around the top weatherstripping....i have no idea why and keep forgetting to ask my dealer about it when i go in (ive been there 3 times for tire balancing, 3 oil changes, some paint resurfacing, etc etc)...just make sure you get getting everything fixed...thats what warrenty is for...if its still leaking, they didnt fix it, and you bring it back until its fixed, or start complaining big time to the dealer when they cant fix it....

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 05:45 PM   #3
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

My Dad had to go lemon law on a '93 Pontiac Bonneville he had bought and I think the Pennsylvania law stated that the car had to have to same problem occur after they have tried 3 times to fix it. After that, you have a case for a new car. So if they fix it again, then it leaks, you should be able to go lemon law.
It sounds to me like someone bought it, then traded it right back in after they found the problem. Or the dealer used it as a demo because they knew of the problem. 500 miles is not a new car, but either way you SHOULD have checked the mileage. Go back and re-read all the papers you signed to see if it was listed as a new car, demo, or used. You can't prove anything they "said," so it'll all come down to what's on the paper/contract.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 10:42 PM   #4
Torinalth
Registered Member

mine came with 400 on it... it is a test drive thing... people like a certain color and drive it, then dont buy... if the car sits for a while then it racks a lil mialage..... nothing major..... and yes if they keep having to fix the same problem it can be a lemon law.....

Torinalth
Old 10-22-2002, 11:09 AM   #5
Simi Stang

Default lemon law

I'm not sure if the laws have changed, but back in the early '90s, my parent's '88 T-Bird just barely missed the lemon law. It was something like, the car had to have gone back to the dealer like 10-12 times in the first 2-3 years of owning the car. There may be different types of lemon laws depending on how new the car is, and how long the owner has had it. Just demand that Ford fixes everything! Since you just bought the car, they should take care of you.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:51 PM   #6
Janeofalltrades

Default Couple Links may help

Hey Whizzbomb,

Here are a couple links that may help. First one is a company that collects data from Ford and other OEM service providers. It's kind of a dirty little secret of the industry, but it tells you what other consumers have complained about on your specific make and model/engine type.

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/19/021949C9.html

This link is giving you specific information regarding the Lemon Law in your State.

http://www.sailor.lib.md.us/md/docs/lemon_law.txt

FYI - The number of miles does not determine if a car is considered "new". It is the number of Titled owners who have actually owned title on the car. New is from Mfg. to Dealer on invoice-no previous title owners.

Good Luck.

-Jane

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: