View Single Post
Old 10-20-2002, 01:49 AM   #1
WhizzBomb
Registered Member

Exclamation Legal issue or just unfortunate experience

Ok, so here's the deal.

I decide on a 02 GT. I ask the salesman for a test drive. I said any color but yellow or red (no offence to anyone). He put me in a sonic blue. Have a good drive, am happy and return.

I say I'd like to upgrage to a Mach 1000 sound system. Without looking (he peeked in about 6 cars) he says they don't have any available. I ask for one with a 6CD changer (same question maybe?) and again the answer is there aren't any.

So, fine, I'm getting a good trade w/0% so I got for it.

The next day I realize that there are 500 miles on it (my bad for not looking before). two days later the roof starts leaking (which they fix the same day). 2 days later the leak starts again on both sides and there is this nasty squeling sound whenever the drivers side window is open or closed. I haven't had those looked at yet

Right now if I'm wondering if they were trying to get rid on that particular car for some reason (not checking inventory for a car that would have made them more money) or if it was "a coincidence."

I ran a CarFax report and in came back clean. I've put about 1k of miles since I've had it. (495 total)

May question is do I go to the dealer for selling me a "new" car w/500 miles on with and leaks? Ford corporate? Get a lemmon-law laywer?

Anyone had any similiar expeniences with roof leaks in 02 GTs? (Not Conv.)

Dealership is Century Ford in Rockville, MD.

Any and all ideas and suggestings greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys =)

Joe
MD, USA
WhizzBomb is offline   Reply With Quote