MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-30-2005, 04:40 PM   #1
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Default Lighting Problem/2001 GT

Ok. After a little cosmetic workup I took my GT over to my local Exxon garage so they could inspect it for NY state. They told me I had a reverse light out, so I said "Go ahead and fix it". Now, (actually right after I left the garage) I notice that my dome light is out...and the new fog lights I just put in (connections are correct) arent working either. Whether Exxon did this on purpose (so I'd feel like I had to go back to them for more work) or not, I need to know where the problem is with these two lights. Obviously the headlights still work so it could'nt be a battery connection problem, but with these modular motors and tight engine housing I can't really get down in there and poke around real easy. Any ideas?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:50 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Default Re: Lighting Problem/2001 GT

You did check the fuse right?

My bet would be that all of the lights in question are on the same circuit...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:20 PM   #3
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

No, I was under the steering column for another reason yesterday and did'nt wanna start pulling at all the wires underneath...I never saw a diagram of where the accelerator, brake lines and gauge cluster wires lead to...If I follow the cord back from the fog light port where will it take me?
Old 10-05-2005, 10:39 PM   #4
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

First of all.

What circuit did you install the fog lights to?
Is it a direct connect to the battery with a new switch?

Off the top of my head, I would assume that the problem is going to be the same circuit as your dome light.

Any Chilton's or Haynes manual should have a wiring diagram and a list of what fuses go to what devices.

Once you have that information, check the correct fuse. Next off, verify that you just didn't have a bulb go out in your dome light. (Anything's possible.)

I'm assuming you installed the fog lights yourself. Wherever you spliced in the power for the lights, verify you are getting voltage with a multimeter. Of course, also check your switch.

Let me know what you find out...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:30 AM   #5
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Thanks I'll take another look. The wiring is still completely stock, except for the high-mount stop light in the back (SVT light fixture fit replacement trunk but not connection, so I cut the plug off the light and fed the copper wiring into the original GT outlet until it finally worked. The bulbs are still working, and just to be sure I replaced the headlamp bulbs with the halogen bulbs I bought for the fog lights just to make sure it was'nt a bad buld...they worked there.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:51 PM   #6
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

The fuses are a pain to get out, and I did'nt wanna break any of them (never messed with the fuse panel in one of these before), as far as I can see sticking my head up behind the engine and under the steering column, all the cables and plugs are in place...it's so tight in there that I can't really follow the cords..where can I get one of these manuals?