MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-03-2001, 09:42 PM   #1
faststang90
Registered Member

Question like too sell 90 coupe and get a 01

i have a 90 coupe with a 306 canfiend heads 598 lift cam have not got the motor in it but i like to get a 01 gt or 01 cobra. my car should run mid 10 s do u think the 4.6 can run close to that with a blower and head work and has any one worked on them are they hard to work on
faststang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:53 PM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I went to the Mod Motor shoot-Out today at Rockingham, and most of the cars there with the excpetion of the Modular Magic Class (SOHC-Non power Adders) ran 11's and lower. They had a stock 98 Cobra there, with no power adders running high 11's consitantly and he had one run at 11.45 at 116 MPH. Even the Non Power Adder GT's were running strong, they had one running consistant 13.1-13.2 passes, and several others only slightly behind that.

Now one guy out there had a STOCK cobra eninge, he was running gears and 18 lbs boost. He was turning in low 10's at 128+ speeds. They had several other there that were running high 10's and really low 11's with basic bolt ons and blowers. I was really impressed.

They are difficult to work on, and take alot of carefull attention. The aftermarket is starting to pick up for them and the future looks bright.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote