MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #1
johnstonwlt
Registered Member

Unhappy Low oil pressure difficulty starting

Ok so when my 2000 mustangs engine is cold the car wont start unless I give it a lot of gas. By a lot I mean reving it to over 4000 rpm. also the oil pressure needle will drop to low. Once the car warms up the oil pressure goes to normal and the car runs fine. Also any time I restart the car once its warm it starts right up on the first try, and runs fine after that. If the car is on an incline so that the front of the car is higher up its much more difficult to start I have to hold the gas at about 2000 rpm until its warmed up.
I dont know why its doing this and am about to take it in to be fixed but all the mechanic shops in the area are booked till next week so in the meantime I'm hopeing that someone will know what the problem is so that maybe I can fix it myself or atleast I'll know how much it will be to fix it.
johnstonwlt is offline   Reply With Quote