MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-25-2003, 12:13 PM   #1
jinx6570
Registered Member

Default lower control arms

I need to put a new set of lower control arms on my 97 GT and would like to get some opinions of which ones to buy. I've been looking at the MAC upper and lower set and the Steeda lowers. Any opinions would help. Thanx
jinx6570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 11:29 PM   #2
Technick
Registered Member

The nice thing about the MAC control arms is that they are way stronger than the stock controll arms and are very reasdonable priced, the bad thing is that they are very heavy, about 3 times the weight of the stock pieces. The Steeda aluminum upper and lowers weigh only 2/3 that of the stock peices and every bit as strong as anything else out there. The downside is the cost. For my money I would buy the Steeda peices. Cost more but the weight advantage and engineering behind them is second to none.
Old 03-01-2003, 12:44 PM   #3
explicitone
Registered Member

if you want to spend the money I would go with the mega bite jrs
but if you want good arms at a good price I would go with
UPR
adj. lowers are 189.95$ dont have a price on the solid

adj uppers 169.95
double adj uppers 169.95

solid upper/lower kit is 269.95

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 10:17 AM   #4
jmjett01
Registered Member

Look up D&D Motorsports my friend or Maximum Motorsports.
I have MAC's = price effective = sensible....although MAC does not have the quality as Steeda or D&D or MM. Adj are good to go. I though a couple pds in the rear would help with the weight transfer at the line. Look into the braces, QA1 Adj shocks and Lakewood, or even KYB for the street.
Note: MAC uses a lower gauge in metal with the bolts that run through and they are shorter...also make sure you look at the "p" and "d" marked very little on the control arm or your rear sway bar will never fit....it will throw u off. (passenger side driver side)I just saved you about 2 hours from calling MAC and switching lowers to find that one out.

John
jmjett01@yahoo.com
Old 03-07-2003, 03:06 AM   #5
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

If you want handling performance I'd go with Griggs or Maximum Motorsports, but of course these are at the expensive end of the scale. I have the MM and they are great - metal spherical bushings at the body and 3-piece bushings at the axle, also available with adjustable spring perches. For price and quality I'd go with Steeda after those two.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote