MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-21-2002, 01:06 PM   #1
Rick99gt
Registered Member

Cool Lowering my vert

I have been following this forum for some time now looking for information about modifications I can accomplish on my 99 gt. Now I have a couple of questions for all you Mustang gurus. I want to lower my 99gt convertible. I would like to go no further then a 2 inch drop. What spings should I be looking at to accomplish this? And will it require Castor Cambor plates to bring the alignment back into spec?
Old 10-21-2002, 01:09 PM   #2
GodStang
College Stanger

Eibach and H&R springs lower 1.5 and 2.0 inches respectivly. Both great springs. You do not need castercamber plates to realign but I think they are recommended.
Old 10-21-2002, 05:47 PM   #3
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

I am a big fan of Eibach. But you can get the Ford Motorsport "C" springs from GEFracing for only $109.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 06:56 PM   #4
Janeofalltrades

Default Eibach

Check out the Eibachs. They are a nice spring for the money. Not only have they reviewed nicely on my car . But others enjoy them as well. They are a nice performance spring versus a simple lower spring. You get what you pay for here!

Web Link from Stangnet.com was helpful in my research.

http://reviews.stangnet.com/Suspension/

Good Luck and Enjoy!

-Jane of All Trades-
Old 10-22-2002, 02:12 PM   #5
GaryDawg
Registered Member

H&R SuperSports are very popular... they will lower you car 2" and "yes" you will most likely need C/C plates... get the ones from Maximum Motorsports, they have the widest adjustment range...
GaryDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 03:16 PM   #6
white2002gt
Registered Member

Go with the FMS C springs, that is what I have. You do not have to have CC plates but you will need offset rack bushings.
Old 10-29-2002, 03:30 PM   #7
Rick99gt
Registered Member

Wink

Just wanted to let ya'll know I got a set of Eibach pro-kit springs in and am know waiting on a set of shocks for the front and rears and a few other suspension goddies to come in. Found them at the right price and was to hard to pass up. I appreciate all of your advice, Thanks
Old 10-29-2002, 11:58 PM   #8
Janeofalltrades

Default Good Choice Boss!

Good Choice Boss!

You'll like 'Em. It was nice to be able to add a section of modified suspension and then allow it to test out before you have to add the Struts/Pro-dampening kits, control arms etc. Eibach provided a nice product line that works together to eventually bring a base line car to the status of a well engineered sports car. Did you get the IRS on your GT? I have a buddy w/ the 99 SVT Cobra. IRS in that thing is a wet dream. Floats concrete/asphalt transitions like its pudding.....

My dad was an aerospace engineer and a machinist so I tend to look for good engineering and a quality product for the dollar that has had real track application and they've tested the S*%$ out of it. {I'm not knocking any other product or opinion..} The darn things better hold when your slicing a 25 mph corner at 40mph.

~Jane~