MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-27-2005, 07:53 PM   #1
notle
Registered Member

Default MAF Advice

I own a 2001 Mustang GT. I have added a FlowMaster Catback Exhaust System, HyperTech Computer System, and a K&N Cold Air Induction System. I am planning to install a Granatelli Mass Air Flow Meter. With the modifications I have made, will the Meter improve performance or can it possibly cause the engine to run to lean? Granatelli assured me the meter has been calibrated for my car and the Cold Air Induction System.
notle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:10 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Default Re: MAF Advice

Granatelli is absolutely the BEST when it comes Mass Air Flow measurement...

As long as you get them the correct info on your setup, I wouldn't worry about a thing. You may even want to add that you're running it with a Hypertech... I doubt that will change anything, you never know...

As far as performance improvement with the MAF alone, I wouldn't expect much...

You MIGHT feel it breathe a bit easier on the high end, but that's about it...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:02 PM   #3
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Default Re: MAF Advice

IMO, don't waste you time with this MAF. A MAF is designed to simply measure air flow. It is critical to your operation, but unless you need to bring in more air than the current MAF can support, upgrading is not needed.

As airflow increases, the voltage from the MAF increases. If you are maxed-out, you will see 5 volts. This happens around 450 hp if I recall. I am putting almost 400 hp to my flywheel with juice, and the MAF is still not pegged.

I would stay away from this UNLESS you are planning to add a huffer soon.

The ONLY way that an after-market MAF will net you more hp is is one of the below items is true:

1 - You existing MAF is maxed-out

2 - The new MAF is resulting in a leaner a/f.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: