View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 12:24 AM   #2
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Default Re: MAF upgrade question

The MAF and injectors would not do anything for you. You need to be making quite a bit more power. The stock MAF and injectors are capable of supporting something like 350 rwhp. I run more than that when spraying, and my fuel is able to keep up. So, unless the voltage from the MAF is pegged, changing will not help at all.

Also, when making that swap, you need a dyno tune.

The TB and Plenum do not require a tune by themselves. They will cause you to run a little more lean, but that is in part how they make more power. The amount of leaning is subtle.

A 14.0 with those mods is not bad. It is really hard to say, because I don't know more about the run. 60 ft times and trap speed would tell me what I need to know PLUS altitude, temp and pressure. That might be an Good time for PA where I live, an OK time for FL and an amazing time for places in Colorado. Altitude makes a huge difference.

You next option might be gears and better tires. With 4.10's and DR's, the car is capable of running 13.0 with practise. I am not a big fan of DR's though, as you really can't use them on the street. They suck in the rain and wear too fast. I like to race they way my car is when it is on the street.

Or, you may want to stop screwing around and put a nice 100 shot of nitrous on it and drop right into the 12's.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote