View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 08:19 PM   #8
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Default Re: MAF upgrade question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob99GTConv
oh, and it is my understanding that moving up to an 80-85mm MAF will fool the PCM into thinking it needs more fuel and thereby spraying mor fuel and that is why people upgrade those even though the stock ones will work without pegging the voltagge. I read some long article on it on here.
That makes the car run more lean! What actually happens is that the car thinks it is pulling in the same amount of air, but is actually adding more. If you go to a bigger MAF and injectors tuned for the MAF, you will get more power only if the setp was tapped out before. You need to make mor epower before this happens.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote