MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-06-2002, 02:51 PM   #1
jwmustangin
Registered Member

Post bassani x-pipe and 2 chamber flows

Hey guys, I have a 2001 gt manual and it has series 40 2 chamber flowmaster mufflers on it. I am thinking about getting a bassani x-pipe for it. I ve heard that you should have straight through mufflers for the bassani x pipe. The bassani x Iam considering has the cats with it and at the time I dont know if it is an off road pipe or not. Are all bassani x pipes off road? Or do they make 2 different x pipes (an off road and an on road)? If the pipe Iam looking at getting is an off road or not an off road would it sound good? Will it sound about the same? Ive heard that the bassani sounds raspy, almost like a ricer sound! I definitely DO NOT want that krap!
jwmustangin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 04:24 PM   #2
96GTPRT
Registered Member

jwmustangin~
if a the pipe has cats, then its legal...if it has no cats then its an off-road pipe. The X-pipes dont sound raspy...its a different sound and in my opinion the next best sound to some really hot girl screaming my name.
96GTPRT: '96 Laser Red Tinted Mustang GT Convertible. (tan top). Flowmaster cat-back, Bassani X-pipe w/ cats, K&N FIPK, Hypertech 160* t-stat, MSD wires, Bosch plugs, Performance Distributors coil packs, FRPP 70mm throttle body, C&L 87mm mass air. Kenny Brown Super subs, 3.73's, BFGoodrich Comp T/A's
Civic...its whats for dinner. Don't ever pull a ricer fly-by!
96GTPRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 05:32 PM   #3
bstang46
Registered Member

Just put a new offroad x-pipe on my car last weekend. I think the "raspy" sound that everyone is describing is morless the popping sound that the x-pipe produces. You hear this inside the care more than you do outside. It almost has a NASCAR tone to it. Personally I love the sound of it. Everyone that has heard my car has told me to that is sounds plain RAW. I also have 2 chamber flowmasters. But I would like to hear what my car would sound like with Borla's. Go for the Bassani O/R x-pipe.