MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-14-2005, 06:42 PM   #1
monroegt
Registered Member

Default mangaflow magnapack ?

Hey guys do the magnaflow magnapack's for a 96 gt come with after market cats or not I could not find anywhere on the site to tell me if they would and I clicked on the install but I wouldn't work. So I figured I would consult some people who know what they are talking about witch would be all the members on the mustangworks message boards.
If you know it would help me out a lot.
thanks,
monroe gt
monroegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:11 PM   #2
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: mangaflow magnapack ?

The Magnapack is just a muffler, although probably available as a cat-back system as well. The Cat back system bolts to the catalytic converters and includes the mufflers and tailpipes. The catalytic converters are ahead of the catback. In order to get aftermarket cats you would have to purchase a catted X pipe or H pipe. I hope this helps.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:47 PM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

OrangeGTvert, that made me laugh.

Quote:
The catalytic converters are ahead of the catback.
:LOL:

While that is correct, the catback goes from the 'cats' back. The catted pipe is technically the mid-pipe, which monroe may or may not understand, but well I'm laughing my arse off over here.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:44 PM   #4
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Duh, I guess I left out that part about the midpipe. I was thinkin it, but laughs are good too! Especially on a Monday!

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Old 02-15-2005, 05:33 PM   #5
monroegt
Registered Member

Heyy guys I know all about the basics of the exhaust system. I should have worded my post different I was just asking if there we after market cats were included in the pack because I was looking into getting a bbk h pipe. But thank you for your replies and thank you orange97gtvert for answering my ?
monroegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:47 PM   #6
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Well then, to answer your real question, no, just the catback system. If you are thinking about getting a BBK H pipe you can get a BBK H pipe with cats, and they will flow a whole lot better than the 6 that are on your 96 stock H pipe.