View Single Post
Old 04-22-2002, 11:45 AM   #11
95GTS
Git jiggy

Cool

As far as looks I give it to Saleen. All else pretty much stinks. I know ALOT of Saleen owners and have been around the Saleen realm a while and for the most part the owners are VERY dissatisfied. Especially with service. Their parts or OK but not the best. How about suspensions, especially shocks, that only last 2000 miles (5000 at the max)? And then a warranty that only covers the first 5000 miles and after that you're on your own? How about spending the money for a S351 and then the motor only lasting 50,000 miles (seems to be the usual life expectancy of that car)? And then there's the roots blower problems in the S281SC. I'll stop there.
Very overpriced. Saleen is overrated. Now if you want to get specific that S7 is sweet as well as the new S281-E. Who's going to buy a S7 though (granted mainly just built for the GTS race scene)? There's probably some very satisfied Saleen owners out there I'm sure, but for the most part Saleen is very overrated. You're paying for the name. The older stuff was better than the new stuff is, though.