MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-01-2001, 04:40 PM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Question Misinformation?

I'm reading a lot in the other forums about how our modular motors can't be stroked...

Can any of these folks explain the 300ci stroker kit from SHM for both the Cobra and GT?

I admit that you can't go bore crazy like you could the 5.0, but I'm getting awefully tired of being told how crappy the 4.6 engine is...

Yes the stock intake is crap, and yes the 96-98 heads sucked, but in 4 years (96-99) the power output went from 215 to 260 with a GREAT improvement in the power band. The 2000-2001 GTs are the fastest stock GT Mustangs ever made.

In my opinion, the 4.6 bottom end is just as reliable as the 5.0. A stock Cobra 4.6 bottom end with forged pistons will take some massive punishment and horsepower output.

Add to that the way these engines respond to forced induction, there is really no limit for the modular motor in my eyes.

We just need cheaper parts and more aftermarket support.... and trust me, we'll get there considering the number of Mustangs sold every year.

Rant over...

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
Ricer 1: What the heck was that!?
Ricer 2: I don't know. It looked kind of like a yellow SN95 Mustang.
Ricer 1: Nah, fast SN95 Mustangs don't exist... Must have been a mirage or something...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 05:15 PM   #2
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Its kinda like when the 85 CFI came out. How many times do you hear older Mustang guys talk about how much EFI sucks?

As far as production block stregnth, both the 4 bolt GT and the 6 bolt Cobra blocks are stronger then the factory 302 2 bolt block by far. Joe Steward is up to 1200 and some rwhp on a stock Cobra block and crank.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote