MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-10-2000, 12:29 AM   #1
fixer
Registered Member

Post MODULAR MOTORS ARE..............

ha! i got ya! yeah there really cool. i think i'm gonna get a 4.6 gt instead of an old one.

hey i'm trying to start some conversation over here.
fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2000, 12:39 AM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Wink

You suckered me right in Fixer! ;-)

With the 99-00 mod motors doing low 14s stock, there's a good basis to build on. Let's just hope that the performance part prices for 4.6s come down....

------------------
98 GT
Dyno-Max cat-back exhaust, 3.73 gears, Steeda shifter, Ford Motorsport Underdrive pullies, 87mm MAF and Roush cold air kit...

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2000, 06:14 AM   #3
shifty
Registered Member

Cool

mod motors are>great! anyway i have only ran 1 tank of nitrous thru my car with the 59 nit. and 47 fuel jets and place. maybe i should back it down to the 75 horse jets to keep from making a piston grenade. i was also wondering if the svo intake with stock heads do any thing at all? i want to get rid of that leak time bomb plastic POS. who cares if it is waranteed, it is going to screw you when you are on a road trip to WFC or cyberbrawl or fun ford or etc. any thoughts gents? thanks
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2000, 09:48 AM   #4
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Talking

Which year mod engine are you running Shifty?
(No Signature..;-)

If you are using the vehicle as a daily driver, and haven't done any engine work on it, I would back it off to a 75 shot just to be safe. I've seen way too many a kid (with deep pocket parents) slap on an NOS set too high to a stock engine, run the hell out of it, and wonder why something breaks.
Actually, I like the term "Piston Grenade".

As far as the intake is concerned:
Any time you get more/better flowing air into the engine, that's a good thing and will help you out. Whether it is worth the price for the performance upgrade alone is highly debateable. If you are looking to do some serious engine work at a later date though, the SVO intake will get you away from the "plastic", and help with the overall performance as you continue your mods.

Personally, with my current resore of an 83 5.0 taking much of my funds, the 4.6 has had to wait a while for further mods. But I'm seriously considering finishing up the 4.6 at a later date with a catalytic X-Pipe and the SVO intake/supercharger. Hopefully the price will go down for it within the forseeable future...;-)

------------------
98 GT
Dyno-Max cat-back exhaust, 3.73 gears, Steeda shifter, Ford Motorsport Underdrive pullies, 87mm MAF and Roush cold air kit...

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2000, 10:13 AM   #5
shifty
Registered Member

Cool

sorry i have to learn how to do the signature thing. the car is not a daily driver, i wrecked my 84gt and my 95 4.6 bird doing that , so my wife has her car and i have my truck. anyway the car is a 97gt with stage II nos, with a k&n filter, msd wires, accel coils, ngk plugs at .035, and sean hyland cat pipes. (i think the pipes helped alot)
So as soon as the weather breaks i am going to start on the car. i want to check the rear end for water etc, alot of guys are saying their carrier brgs are pitted etc,and change the oil in the trans and rear to synthetic. i raun mobil one in the motor already.
i know everything cost two much but so does life in general LOL any way good luck with "the extra mustang"
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote