View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 02:40 AM   #9
skiwesser
Registered Member

Default Re: Is this much power possable?

OK, NOW HE HAS A BIG PROBLEM.

He has a rod knocking, long story shorter the boss at the shop wasn't there when he picked the car up. The man who assembled the motor told him they had broke it in to seat the rings and changed the oil, cut open filter to check for metal, debris, ect..,everything was fine.
He let him take the car and told him to change oil & filter in 500mi., and again at 500 more, which he did.
He has put about 2000 mi on the car and the last time he had the oil changed at a jiffy lube or somthing like that.
Anyway the oil was changed on may 4th and the knocking started a month and a few days later, he took the car back to the shop on tues. 6/12 and the owner (who is a 14 year master machanic) said it sounded like a flywheel bolt was lose, the next morning (today) he said is was a rod and the car only had 2 quarts of oil in it and that caused it, taking any blame off himself, 5 days before he took it back we checked the oil and it was fine, I saw it myself. This guy's trying to say that the place that changed the oil only put in 2 quarts!! SO, he drove it for over a month before it started knocking, the idiot light never came on and oil pressure was good all the way to returning it to the shop, and now it's 3 quarts low?
I went there with him today as he is young and I think this guy is trying to screw him, and the guy was all in a hurry to go to lunch and wouldn't talk to us but a couple minutes. In that time as I calmly asked him some questions he got all defensive and started talking about how the car shouldn't have left witout his OK (his fault) and that he was supposed to bring it back in 1000mi. for them to check which I told you the other man told him diffrent (their fault again) and how they had on video tape where the dipstick showed way low on oil, now come on!! Where is the shot of them draining out 21/2-3 quarts is what I'd like to know!
Then out of nowhere he starts talking about "don't even try to sue me I'll win for sure " on and on, we never said anything like that at all we were just trying to see what was going to have to be done and he went off, saying it's not gonna cost him nothing..yada,yada....

So should he sue, he doesn't want to but the motor has a warranty and he's already paid over 5000 and supplied the heads and longtube headers.

What can he do???????????
skiwesser is offline   Reply With Quote