MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Modular Madness (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   muffler poll (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=24071)

wade73 05-21-2002 09:34 AM

muffler poll

as with most things aesthetic, sound is purely a personal point of view. what has the best sound, and if you want, elaborate

95mustanggt 05-21-2002 02:12 PM

I think Borla sounds really cool, but Borla's stuff is pretty expensive. If I was looking for good mufflers on a tighter budget (Like if it was me) I would pick Dynomax. MAC sounds pretty good too though.

blue00gt 05-21-2002 03:12 PM

I really like my Magnaflows. Not too loud when you're just cruising, but sounds pretty beefy when you get on it and tach 'er out.

05-21-2002 04:09 PM

BASSANI:D

GTNick 05-21-2002 04:21 PM

Magnaflow

Getting a Magnaflow cat-back kit put on next week. The local speedshop recommended them over the Borlas. Seems they've had quite a bit of problems fitting the newer Borla kits. If you're looking for a chamberless sound but without the Borla price tag, Magnaflow seems like a good choice.

wade73 05-21-2002 04:21 PM

i thought borlas were expensive until i looked at bassani...i have heard good things about them thou

wade73 05-21-2002 04:25 PM

the muffler shop i use didnt have any problems with the borlas (matching to steeda parts)...maybe i got lucky, or rather the shop did...no problems whatsover. whoever hung the old flowmasters did a HORRIBLE job. all the racket that i heard (and posted about) on left turns and hard breaking was because of the mufflers rattling against the frame and driveshaft. it sounded like a busted sway bar when turning left and hitting bumps or accelerating hard. i watched them install everything and seemed to go without a hitch. they are the best in mobile thou

steedamustang01 05-21-2002 04:48 PM

I TRIED FLOW'S AND I HAD SOME OTHER FRIENDS W/ OTHER DIFFERENT MUFFLERS, SO I SAID F#*! IT, CUT EM' OFF, I DID STRAIGHT PIPES, (PRETTY LOUD) AT LEASE THAT'S WHAT THE COPS THINK THAT KEEP PULLING MY @$$ OVER. HAHA

wade73 05-21-2002 07:11 PM

i had straight pipes for about a week while i waited for my borlas to come in. this was AFTER i had the steeda shorty headers and hi flo x pipe....man it was LOUD, the stock stereo / cd had NO chance of keeping up...MEAN sounding too...but way too loud. i am on call 24 hrs a day, and wouldnt even think of cranking it at night after 9 pm in fear of my neighbors absolutely going bonkers. i got pulled over once. i told the cops i was going thru an exhaust change and would have it fixed in a couple of days. the cop loved the sound (even asked me to rev it up), and issued a warning. said he patrols my area alot and would keep an eye out for me....nice huh? compliment me on my car, then tell me he is looking out for me....gotta love the locals

SLOW 97 05-22-2002 09:07 AM

That's pretty nice of him. With my luck, the cop would have arrested me. I was thinking of removing my stock cat-back for a couple days to see how loud it was just for kicks. It shouldn't be that loud since the car will still have six cats. I just found an awesome site which might help exhaust decisions. Go here www.mustangexhaust.com and go to the sound room. They have any pipe/muffler combo you can think of. Oh yeah, my vote is for FLOWMASTERS! Nothing sounds better and costs less!

95mustanggt 05-22-2002 10:50 AM

That is a great site, SLOW97!

wade73 05-22-2002 11:56 AM

very cool site, slow. i am not a big fan of flowmaster, but those 3 chambered ones might make me rethink my borlas!

Mattk1128 05-23-2002 05:43 PM

DAM*IT

As reccomended, I went to mustangexhaust.com to listen to the music, but I kept getting all the "page cannot be viewed" bulls**t. I'm a little angy now...

wade73 05-23-2002 05:51 PM

if you dont have windows media player (the latest version, i think) you cant listen to the sounds, i dont think. would the page not even load up from the getgo, or just the sound room stuff?

GTNick 05-30-2002 09:32 PM

Magnaflow

Had the magnaflow cat-back put on my car this evening, and I'm very very happy with it. Got my first kill on the way home from the shop, against a 2000 GT. He got a slight jump on me (rolling start), but I had him by a car or so by 4th gear. Was fun.

Crazy Horse GT 05-31-2002 01:56 AM

anyone got their old take off mufflers to sell? im sick of my factory ones, but dont have a lot of bucks to buy new ones, any help is apreciated.:)

patgt01 05-31-2002 04:16 AM

mufflers

I did a lot of research on the perfect muffler for a Stang.I finally went with the Dynomax Racing Bullets.They actually add horsepower because they are very free flowing compared to a stock muffler or even Flowmasters.The only thing Flows are good for is the sound.But if you want a great rumble sound,go with the Dynos.

patgt01 05-31-2002 04:21 AM

mufflers

Hey Crazy Horse GT.Are you looking for regular stock mufflers?If so I have mine.They only have 6000 miles on them.If you or anyone else is interested please email me @ taylorpatrick@msn.com