View Single Post
Old 12-02-2002, 08:21 PM   #3
Simi Stang

Default exhaust cross-overs??

Hmmm....
You got me thinking now. I've had my coolant lines that run through the EGR spacer itself, disconnected for years now. That was one of the old tips way back when, thinking that the coolant was heating up the EGR more when hooked up then when not. I've since read that that is really not the case. So here's a question for you:
If I simply hook my coolant lines back up to the EGR spacer...is that going to some how prevent oil from coming out my oil breather, like it has been?
Because that is the problem that I am trying to solve here. When the exhuast cross-overs were open, my engine spit out oil out the filler tube when the motor was at full throttle, With the exhaust cross-overs open my motor was even blowing out the cheaper cork style valve cover gaskets that I used to use. Blowing them right out from underneath the tightened down valve cover! I bought better ones with the metal going through them, but then had to switch from a screw on, stock style oil cap to a open filament breather to allow for the extra exhaust gases flying through my motor.
Please help.
So do the stock cylinder heads have these same exhaust cross-overs as my Edel. alum. heads?