View Single Post
Old 02-28-2002, 08:31 PM   #14
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Well, #1 my name is NOT Kelley. It's Kell (Kale).

Mr 5.0, I'm not an atheist, thanks. I'm agnostic. I'm not blaming all the worlds problems on Christianity. I'm blaming a lot of them on religion in general, just making sure the high and mighty Christian following doesn't get a big head. Not even religion, but the manipulation of a religion to suit greed. The only place in the cherished book of the Christian (bible) that says to go out and kill people that I know of is when god commands the Israelites to go and annihilate their enemies. Kill everything and everyone. But the Israelites didn't follow the command, instead they pillaged. You'll have to forgive me if I'm somewhat inaccurate. I've never bothered to read the old, corrupted, paperweight.

If you want to argue that Christianity wasn't used as justification to slaughter the people in the America's, the Middle East, at home and abroad, rape and pillage, oppress, hoard wealth, and to control people, be my guest. History pretty much speaks for itself on the subject.

I'm not going to argue that the Muslim belief is being manipulated to crash airliners into buildings, or kill reporters, or plot terrorist attacks.

I'm not going to argue that the very people the Conquistadors annihilated in the name of "god" didn't wage war and sacrifice based on their religion.

Like I stated above, tt's not generally the religion, it's the manipulation of it that is criminal. Alas, most religious people are nothing more than blind followers of their faith. A lack of personal knowledge and understanding of their chosen faith allows easy manipulation, and the corruption of the faith itself. People would rather be told what to believe than figure out what they are supposed to believe on their own. Giving people the idea that they are right by divine will is a powerful tool. They should follow their faith above all else. This world is not important compared to the afterlife. It all adds up to probably the oldest form of brainwashing known to man.

Quite frankly, I find it very translucent. The nastiest people I have ever known have been devout Christians. All people were of a lesser plane than themselves. Non believers were heathens practically unworthy to converse with. The hypocrisy of their attitude versus the book they so adamantly followed was sickening.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5.0:This is America, not Iran. We're fortunate enough to live in a country that allows each religious community the constitutional right to proclaim it's view is the 'only' correct one, but unlike Muslim countries, we do not have the right to jail, torture or kill those who don't agree with our individual religious view.
We have the right to do whatever the hell the loudest voice wants, and that concept is used everyday at the capital.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote