View Single Post
Old 02-28-2002, 10:29 PM   #17
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: Making friends wherever he goes

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0
Kell

I find your views on religion to be inaccurate, arrogant and sophomoric, at best.

Apparently you have little conception as to how to have a civil discussion with those who don't agree with you. You should learn.

Some day you may be able to admit that you could actually be wrong about religion or some aspect of it without exploding into vilification of the bible, Christianity and those who practice it.
I hope so.

For now, I'll simply let your skewed and offensive comments on Christianity stand alone to speak for you as they do, better than you realize.

I'll leave off the discussion at this point as it can go nowhere but down from here and that would be of no benefit to anyone.
I find this to be the typical religious followers response when the most stable thing in their life is challenged. Their whole world and everything they know or think to be true is under fire. No logical arguments come back out of the response, because there is no logic to support their stand, or they are so enraged they can't think of any. They merely sit back and throw stones. I'm not the one directly insulting people here.

There is not one single thing that I have posted about the history of Christianity that can be argued false. That's the most brutal part isn't it?

You and many others may be a "good" Christian just trying to do the best they can to get through this world and pass through to the promised paradise by proving themselves worthy in God's righteous eyes. Following the written word of God, spelling out the path of what is good and beneficial to you is more difficult for some.

There are just as many who claim to be good Christians, and may infact attempt to be good, but are misled by false prophets and poor interpretations of a text translated time and time again.

I find a good many rules stated in the book are simply what I consider the makings of good moral charachter. What goes around most certainly does come around, and walking through life by following a good set of morals will certainly pay dividends along the way.

For those that just blindly follow what their preacher or church tells them, get a clue and learn about your religion from it's source. The book or script that is starts from. Make your own interpretations of it. Decide what is right and wrong based on those interpretations. If you seek guidence, talk to an expert, or two experts. If you feel the need to practice your faith in a church to be with people you feel of equal moral charachter, so be it. Just make sure you're not blindly following whatever you are told.

I don't think I've said anywhere in here that faith is to blame for the problems in this world. If you can't seperate faith from religion, maybe you're not as smart as I thought you were.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote