MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-10-2000, 07:05 PM   #1
97GTSTANG
Registered Member

Question Borla Mufflers with Bassani X w/cats? Please help

Hello everyone. I ordered my Bassani X w/cats, and FMS shorty headers and i also want to order a pair of Borla mufflers and keep the stock pipes. Do u think thats a good idea or should i choose another set of mufflers? If your think the Borlas are a good idea then what is the model i should get? I was at carparts.com and there are some that are turbo mufflers and there were others, whats the difference. i just want it to be loud and agressive.
I have a 97GT 5-spd

Please help , thanks everyone

97GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2000, 07:14 PM   #2
jmeiers

Cool

That is a good choice. Any muffler will sound good with the bassani x with cats? I have Dynomax Race Magnums (straight-thru like Borlas) and they sound good. They are also alot cheaper too. $59.00 each thru www.jegs.com or www.summitracing.com

Later, Jason

------------------
1997 Cobra -- #572 of 6,961, White, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, WMS Velocity Tube, Dynomax Race Magnums, HPM Megabite Jr. Control Arms, FMS "C" springs, Manual Fan Switch, Autometer Shift-Lite, BFG Drag Radials 275/50/15

<A HREF="http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/ViewIt.cgi?http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?772" TARGET=_blank>

Click here</A> to see my Cobra!
Old 06-11-2000, 12:00 AM   #3
St_Brawler
Registered Member

Borla R1 mufflers, is what my friend has on his GT and is sounds awesome. www.borla.com should have more info if you want

------------------
'97 GT, full lenght MAC headers, MAC Pro chamber h-pipe, Mac 2.5" Cat-back w/chrome tips, AODE 4W70R, K&N, Eibach springs and a 150 NOS wet shot system. Blue/Black/White interior, 1500 watts of music power. Coming very soon, shift kit, 4.10 gears, aftermarket trany pan, custom chip from SVC, Norman's lower conrol arms and subframes, and new pollygraphite bushings for the front suspension.
St_Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote