MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-25-2001, 01:51 PM   #1
91Saleen
Registered Member

Question Best mufflers for x-pipe???

I've got my flowmasters on it now, but I've heard from a few people that chamber mufflers don't work as good with an x-pipe as straight through mufflers do. Anybody heard anything? I've also heard that flows were the best for it. So, I'm not sure if I should sell my flows and buy some different mufflers or not. If any of you know which is better or have experienced any difference, I'd appreciate your knowledge. Thanks, Jim
91Saleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 03:44 PM   #2
white00GT
Registered Member

I'm in the same boat as you are. I'm currently running an X-pipe with flows. I also have heard that X-pipes are designed to work with straight through mufflers better. I'm going to be putting on a set of Dynomax Ultra Flo Welds in the next week or two. I've also talked to Flowmaster and they say that there mufflers are designed to work with H-pipes and not X-pipes. I have seen dyno runs where they compaired X-pipe w/ flows, H-pipe w/flows, X-pipe w/straight through, and H-pipe w/straight through. The diff between the X-pipe w/ flows and X-pipe w/ straigh through muffs was about 3-4 hp infavore of the straigh though mufflers. So hopefully I will find that extra 3-4 hp in a couple of weeks, if I don't find the extra hp then at least I hope for a better sound.

------------------
2000 Mustang GT
white00GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 04:16 PM   #3
richs8750
Registered Member

Wink

I have the Dr Gas X pipe and use Dynomax superturbo, these are very quite,but if I had to do it again I would use the Ultraflows,the Superturbos do not hurt the track times so far 11.99@ 112.0 no power adders!
richs8750 is offline   Reply With Quote