MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-16-2001, 01:16 PM   #1
westbayou
Registered Member

Question Mufflers?

Ok folks, I've reached to point where the stock exhaust just ain't cutting it. I have always heard "Slap some flowmasters on it..." but I am concerned about them being too loud, especially inside the car. I use my 2000 GT for work, so it can't be too loud, especially on the interstate. So what has worked for you?

------------------
2000 Black GT
westbayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 01:43 PM   #2
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

This is always a tough topic as everyone has different opinions about what loud, throaty, etc. are. If you like the sound of Flowmaster but don't want them too loud, the three chamber would be the way to go. I have Borla's on my 96 and love 'em. They aren't loud but have a nice mellow, aggressive tone. They sound great at WOT. Hammer has a sound file of his setup in his signature that you might want to check out.
Keep in mind if you plan on any other exhaust mods later (offroad H, X, or hiflow cat pipes) the whole system will be louder still.

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 03:01 PM   #3
jereSilver00
Registered Member

Wink

I put flows on first thing... I love them to death and when you are going down the intrestate your right they will be pretty loud... I took a ride from South Jersey to Atlantic City and the mufflers were definetly loud... It just depends because you could just get a lower series flowmaster I don't know to much about all the other series but the 40 series is the loudest...

------------------
I have a 2000 Mustang GT Convertible Silver w/Black Top
The current mods-
3.73 gears, Cold air induction kit,Super Chip, Flowmaster Mufflers, K&N Air Filter, Torq Thrust II Rim's, Bosh platinum +4
I also have a black reflective embossed decal, Mustang GT windshield
decal, Black Tint all around, a neon (blue) under car kit, neon license plates, neon pedals, white out dash kit which is neon blue at night,headlight black out covers,and a Tonneau cover getting preped for Spring.

jereSilver00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 04:26 PM   #4
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

OK, I was in the same pickle (heehee) as you... My 99 GT just wasn't loud enough! Well Momma said that I could make it louder... just not TO loud. I put Flowmasters on mine and they are quite nice. They are not to loud but they have a nice rumble when you get on it a little... oh and when you rev under freeway overpasses (lol... not like I do it or anything! :rolleyes

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
http://hometown.aol.com/redlilpony/Homepage.html

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote