MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-19-2002, 11:20 PM   #1
BryantD
Registered Member

Unhappy My '02 GT is stalling & bucking, suggestions?

I have an '02 GT 5-speed with a Novi 1000. I've added the 90mm Lightning MAF and relocated the IAT sensor between the blower & throttle body. I have a Diablo Delta chip tuned by Reinhart Automotive. One of my problem is when I engage the clutch my car will sometimes just quit. There isn't a pattern to it. Before the Novi it stalled like twice the 1st week I had it, then I went 15K miles without a single incident. Now since I added the Novi it happens frequently. My car also bucks when I maintain certain rpm's in certain gears; 3100 to 3500rpms in 2nd gear; 2700 to 3100rpms in 3rd gear & 3000 to 3500rpms in 4th gear. The lower the gear the worse the bucking. I'm thinking it could be several things; the MAF transfer functions are off some, the IAC is dirty, the spark plugs (NGK-7R6 with .033 gap) or possibly the fuel pump (255lph). Also it has been suggested that maybe too much air is going thru my K&N airfilter fooling the computer and causing flooding which is why the car is stalling. He suggested duct taping the K&N about halfway up and seeing if that solved the problem. What do you guys/gals think?
Novi 1000 with Paxton Air to Air Intercooler
Delta Chip (Tuned by Reinhart Automotive)
38lb Injectors
90mm Lightning MAF (threaded IAT sensor for Lightning and IAT plug from '93 Taurus wiring harness) relocated between the blower & throttle body
255lph Fuel Pump
Autometer A-Pillar (Dual) with Vacuum/Boost Gauge & Exhaust Gas Temperature Gauge
Motorcraft AWSF22C sparkplugs (.030 gap)
Bassani X-Pipe with Cats
Dyno #'s: 328.4rwhp & 340.9rwtq
BryantD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 03:02 AM   #2
mlambrecht82
Registered Member

I don't know about the stalling but I do know the answer to the bucking. It is your fuel pump. The REturnless fuel system mustangs don't like the 255lph pump that all the supercharger companies use. Something to do with the pulsing. Call Steeda and they will fix you like they fixed me. You need to buy either the '03 cobra fuel pump or have Steeda modify your baffle to fit twin fuel pumps in it. If I remember right $350 for the Twin Cobra and $400 for them to modify your baffle in to twin fuel pump set up. I did it to my car and it runs amazing. You will love it when the bucking finally stops. My car did it for about 8,000 miles until I got sick of it and decided to do something about it.
Both of Steeda's fuel pumps flow over 300lph so you will get plenty of fuel.
You don't know how lucky you are to find the answer to this question so easily, I searched litterally for months to get this fixed. Consider yourself blessed.
c-ya

Custom Electronic Exhaust cut outs
Tuning via Diablo Predator
Ported and polished Throttle body and plenum
Line locker (for the smoke shows)
Stock boost
412 rwhp 379 rwtq
mlambrecht82 is offline   Reply With Quote