MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-28-2003, 07:32 PM   #1
bignsexyasever
Registered Member

Smile my 1996 mustang gt

hi i was wondering why would a person put a turbocharger on a stock mustang when if you do all the bolt ons it will still be faster? I have a 1996 mustang gt. It is automatic. Can some real racer not amateur give me a full list and best list of bolt ons I can get for my automatic. I want to be the fastest automatic aspirated car on the street. I repeat on the street, not on the track. please help
bignsexyasever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 08:39 PM   #2
The Deuce
Registered Member

Aside from the fact that was a fairly presumtious opening post...

A turbo (or supercharger) will make a faster 96 GT than all the standard 'bolt ons'.

You want to have the fastest street automatic GT? How much $ do you have.

2500 Stall Converter
4.30 gears.
eaton rear end
31 spline axles
Fox lake stage III heads,
SHM Stroker shortblock
JE pistons, 11:1 comp
Big (and I mean Big) cam
Long Tube Headers/ X-pipe, flow through mufflers.
42lb injectors
255 lph fuel pump.
shift kit (I hate auto's so you're on your own here)
Polished SVT (bullit) intake
Chip (obviously)

That's just a start. You're looking to spend at least 10k, if you do all the install work yourself. I don't know what you really mean by "I repeat on the street, not on the track." That car described above would drive on the street, though some people might not want it as a daily driver. If you want to go 10's, and not lose any streetability, you're smoking crack. Then again, 10's wouldn't gaurantee fastest street stang, either.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 09:02 PM   #3
bignsexyasever
Registered Member

ok maybe i did get a little ridiculess. 10,000 is a littke steep. thats seems like track prices. I want a 12 second street car that is automatic.Someone please help me in accomplishing this. A list I would be grateful.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:16 PM   #4
The Deuce
Registered Member

Check out Mustang92's mods. He runs 12's n/a and drives the car to work everyday. You will need a stall though, because his car is a 5spd.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:21 PM   #5
Technick
Registered Member

As the saying goes "speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?" For a "street" automatic to run 12's? Do you want it to do it once? or do you want it to last? The Deuce is right! It is going to cost some big bucks to do it right and reliably! Have you EVER been in a car that really runs 12's in street trim? It is not as easy as it sounds. You would be amazed at how many people "think" that they have a 12 sec. ride and then go to the track to find out that they only have a low 14 sec to high 13 sec car. The faster the car is the harder and more expensive it gets to drop that extra tenth. The 96 4.6 has some real handicaps to overcome to be a "real" 12 sec. street car. Sorry , but it is going to cost 10 plus thou. to do it right so it last more than once or twice, without breaking anything.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:28 PM   #6
bignsexyasever
Registered Member

ok say i throw a blower and intercooler, at 8- 10psi, headers,h-pipe,2 chamber flows,intake and some 4.10 gears,bitter throttle body,shift kit. how fast will my car be and would it last.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:55 PM   #7
Technick
Registered Member

How fast will your car be? Ah, that is the question. Depends on who does the work, who drives the car, and what shape the car was in to begin with. Will it last? Please read the last sentence over again!
Old 03-29-2003, 12:25 AM   #8
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

hey that is a bad way to start a post try looking on your own before asking try the search feature god i hate ignorant people especialy dam street racers .save it for the track i don`t want any body getting killed because of the brainless few

just for the record i `ve have been hit by a dam street racer while i was parked at a light.
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 12:36 AM   #9
bignsexyasever
Registered Member

badass its another badass around here. And hes in a black mustang a real man color. tryin helpin not down grading people. if you need someone to adjust your attitude I I I I will.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:40 AM   #10
Technick
Registered Member

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!! Lighten up! This is not the time or the place for crap like this. It ruins it for everyone else. Not everyone knows how to ask the right questions or give the right answers. We all have to start somewhere! Cut everyone some slack and give them a chance to figure things out.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:34 AM   #11
explicitone
Registered Member

I would have to say these as a few

PI headswap
4.10s or 4.30s
ET streets
and everybolt on
ucl,lcl tb,maf,pullies,timing adj. long tube headers,mid pipe (of your choice) cat back, convertor,good trans,

and some weight loss

remember your car will not go from stock to 12s over night make up a plan on how you want to start what your goals are for the car, but most important lighten up and have fun

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:24 PM   #12
surfbeast
Registered Member

To make that 96 auto run in the 12's you need a new tranny that can handle the power! A performance Automatic or Art Carr should do and a blower with P.I. heads and the FRP intake. add some gears and a chip and your looking at the 13's. That's right you aint making the 12's. YOU ARE DREAMING! but dreaming is GOOD. that is what it takes ( plus alot of cash ) to make your dream come true. You will not make the 12's with you present engine or tranny no matter what bolt ons etc. you add. It sounds like you are reading the mags and taking the MAX Hp gains from each bolt on and adding that to your base 215 HP. The adds LIE! you will not get 25hp from a CIA or 30+ hp from a chip and so on. Read alot and think long term. Also, get ready to get you AZZ burned by alot of cars while you are reaching your goal. There is always someone with a faster car!

Later.

My car has the blower, exhaust,, jadda jadda.... with a fully manual auto tranny and I am not close to 12's. P.I. heads and intake are next.... My dream continues!!!
Old 03-30-2003, 01:50 PM   #13
explicitone
Registered Member

make sure if you put a blower and pi heads on your motor you change at least the pistons cause you will be up there in C/R and not in a boost friendly range.

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 02:39 PM   #14
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Hammer's car was dam fast, a high 12 second car, when he could get traction!

PI Heads
Bullet Intake
8-10 Intercooled PSI from a blower
Gears, 4.10's
Stall converter
Complete exhaust - Headers, X pipe, Cat back
36 or 42 Lb injectors
Fuel pump - High flow
Good Tires
Control Arms and all the suspension goodies

That should but you in the high 12's. BUT Expect to break something soon (axles or more likely tranny)

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 03:49 PM   #15
skz4u
Registered Member

I’m sorry fella’s, but I have to intervene. Bignsexyasever How old are you? Have you been smoking crack long? For you to just sign up to this forum and come in here and threaten people like Badass_YellowGT. I don’t know Badass, never even spoke to him, but he has given some people some damn good advice since I’ve been reading posts. And you should adhere to his advice ” try the search feature”. Do you think he was tryin to be as ignorant as you? Come on now, impossible. He was only trying to help you, save you from other people from picking on you. Have you read your other posts in this site? Everyone keeps telling you the same thing over and over again, you need money to go fast, among other things that you obviously do not have. Do you know that people, actually build race tracks for your safety as well as others? Bet you didn’t know that, they’re out to get you too, huh? Think before you write, with a great deal of constraint, ask intelligent questions and for the love of God, be more open minded to the views of others when it comes to constructive criticism. They are only trying to help you in one way or the other. But please, if you’re not going to heed the advice of fellow Mustangers, by all means, learn as we did. Go spend your hard earned money, learn from experience, what works, and what doesn’t, fabricate your own parts trying to cut costs here and there making a few H.P. and save the letters in the forum till a rainy day. I hope that has helped you greatly in your quest for the 12 second zone, and for a place in modern humanity. “Your Welcome”
skz4u is offline   Reply With Quote