MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-02-2003, 12:51 AM   #1
1969 Stang
Registered Member

Default Need help

So we are building my friends bullet up....so far its getting to be faster and faster...he has the vortech supercharger....we want to get an intercooler soon.....we have done exhaust and are running no cats...and we are going for some headers soon...now here is my question....on my uncles 1991 supercoupe we put on a L-MAF and when we got the computer reprogramed it made a HUGE DIFFERENCE...well we want to do it to his now get the L-MAF and do it to his car......are we going to get about the same results if not more...and where can i find a farly priced intercooler for his...its the 8-9 psi version i believe.....and also the best price i can find is about 1400 or 1300 i believe. And WE WANT CAMS.......WE REALLY WANT CAMS........so go ahead and start naming good cames.....he wants it to be off the line and pretty high......Thanks....and he has 4.11's also...just thought id bring it up......thanks

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #37
1969 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 09:39 AM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

I think Vortech has their own intercoolers for their blowers.

As far as Cams, I think Crane has a set of blower cams for the 4.6.

With a blown application on the 4.6, depending on your setup (fuel system and injectors) and the year of the car, you may HAVE to change out your MAF (or at least re-program it).

I have heard of 99+ modulars using the stock MAF and an ECM module, "chip", to compensate for the increased fuel needs. (Larger injectors)

But in most cases, when going to a blown application, I recommend an after-market MAF unit that is programmed for your specific application. You will see increased performance and less drivability problems.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote