View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 02:20 PM   #23
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Ok, I think I understand what you are saying. Basically, the 4.10's put you in a better "sweet spot" when running the 1/4 mile? You end the race at the peak rpms for hp? Is this what you are basically saying? Makes sense if it is true (And I am sure that it is).

Most guys hear seem to agree that 4.10's are a better gear selection than 3.73s. But, when I talk other experts at performance shops, i am being told to go with the 3.73s.

Explicitone, I want to make the right choice and I can always appreciate good advice. I can always change my order...it is no big deal. My major concern is that my wife drives this car a lot too and I don't want any complaints from her. My goal in going with different gears is to give the car more pep but I am not that concerned about the track.

You could really help me if you could tell me how I can find the gear ratios for each gear when using 3.73 or 4.10's. I would like to input this data into a computer analyzer and see how they compare. Do you follow me? I can get the data for the 3.23's but not the others. Or, do I just convert it? If so, how?

Thanks!

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote