View Single Post
Old 03-14-2004, 04:56 PM   #27
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxBlakexxx
I am VERY interested in nitrous! And have been doing much research on this to learn as much as I can. You guys have virtually sold on the 4.10's and I am going to have to make a few calls on Monday. Hopefully, they did not ship my 3.73's yet. But, I would rather be happy, then spend a few extra $ on freight.

Interesting though, NOBODY has told me to go with the 3.73's. Sure, lots are happy with them, but no one has jumped out and said 3.73 are the way to go over the 4.10's.

With that said, what gears should I have with nitrous? I will ask the POWER ADDERS too this question as I am planning on adding nitrous within 12 months. I will let that be the driving force on this decision.
dont worry about your wife driving the car mine drove car right up untill I got the spool install and I have had 4.10s for over a year(spool went in 2 days ago)

put this way people that are worried about gears if the rain try driving a mustang with a spooled rearend and 4.10s in the rain

guess what just as easy as when stock NO PROBLEMS

gears and n2o can be a tricky one Im running 4.10 and n2o(100 shot) but with running a 100 shot I need to raise my limiter to 6500(I will trap at 6100 I just dont want the n2o to shut off in the last 200ft) now with a 75 shot you would be fine

people that dont know the mod motors or take the advise from someone that knows older cars )5.0s camaros etc...etc..) will always tell you 3.73s the shop I had mine done they were like your going to drive 4.10s on the street and **** and now the new shop that did my rear they were like your going to drive a spool on the street and well I can drive both without a problem.

if you 1/4 race I would get the 4.10s and then just turn the spray on in 2nd gear so you dont have the traction issues you would going off the line on the spray

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote