MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2001, 12:10 PM   #1
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Post Need opinions...NA or Blower?

Looking for opinions here. I'm at a fork in the road and need to make a decision here.
On one hand I have the NA route. Step up to headers, cams, porting, intake, etc.. to go for the mid 12 second or more.
Pros: Less power means less broken parts, Cheaper, More consistant, Next year I can look forward defending my Mod Motor Shootout victory.
Cons: Less power means slower than with a power adder car, not fast enough.

On the other hand there's a Blower. My options here are either a Novi 2000 or S-trim. If I go this route I plan on buying forged internals because I don't believe in going easy on a car and would like to be in the 400RWHP range. Also yes I realize that a transmission upgrade will have to be considered as well just to be track legal as well as durability wise.
Pros: More power, Pull both wheels off the ground, More fun to drive, Wonderful sound of a blower under the hood, the beauty of holding my own 10 second time slip (eventually).
Cons: More power equals more broken parts, More money, Less consistant, Next year I can look forward to getting pushed around by the PA 2V guys.

A goal of mine when I bought this car was to run 12's NA now that I've done that I need to look forward. One thing I don't want to do is go NA for another year then go power adder because I plan on doing things that would counter productive. So I need to make a decision in the next few months and start buying parts towards that goal. Anyone have any insight into this? Remember I'm a drag racer and love the track.

------------------
00 GT, MAC Offroad H, Steeda Pulleys & Timing Adjuster, 4.10’s, Flows w/turndowns, UPR shifter, UPR Pro Series LCA’s, Lakewood 70/30’s & 50/50’s, Weld Pro Stars, Kaenen Cobra R Hood, 253.8 RWHP/292.8RWTQ
12.91@101.93 (1.74 60ft)
M/M 100, 7085
Recent Pic from Moroso
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote