MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-07-2002, 09:12 PM   #1
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

Unhappy Need some help

hi all
i have a big problem i just bought the mac cold air kit and installed it when i bought the car the original owner put on a kn air charger kit but when he took out the air box to put on the new filter he removed the rubber grommets that held it in place
on the bottom and side of the factory air box. now my new kit from mac requires them and they are not available from ford i have tried 6 dealers and they all say not available no junk yard were i live have any and i`m kinda bumbed i managed to mount the plate that holds the filter for now, but i don`t like leaving it half a**ed and it looks bad. i had to drill a hole to mount a screw to hold it in place if anybody knows were i can find these parts i would be much apreciated if you could tell me or i will buy yours if your not using it. i need the top screw that goes through the top grommet also
Rice Haters Club Member #55
For My car Specs Click the Home page link
http://www.badassyellowgt.50g.com/
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 10:57 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Its hard for me to believe Ford doesn't have them...

They may just not have a separate part number for them as they may be part of the stock induction setup with a part number for several items. If you go through Ford you may have to buy more than just the grommets.

My suggestion is some HEAVY looking through junk yards\dealers over the internet. You'd be surprised what you can find.....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 03:54 PM   #3
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Default Re: Need some help

Quote:
Originally posted by Badass_yellowGT
hi all
i have a big problem i just bought the mac cold air kit and installed it when i bought the car the original owner put on a kn air charger kit but when he took out the air box to put on the new filter he removed the rubber grommets that held it in place
on the bottom and side of the factory air box. now my new kit from mac requires them and they are not available from ford i have tried 6 dealers and they all say not available no junk yard were i live have any and i`m kinda bumbed i managed to mount the plate that holds the filter for now, but i don`t like leaving it half a**ed and it looks bad. i had to drill a hole to mount a screw to hold it in place if anybody knows were i can find these parts i would be much apreciated if you could tell me or i will buy yours if your not using it. i need the top screw that goes through the top grommet also
I may have the grommets.... I don't think I have the screw though.... I will look when I get home and post the pics of what I think you want....

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 06:12 PM   #4
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Are these the parts you need... Sorry, but I don't have the screw that attaches the housing to the fender. You should be able to get one that will work at any local hardware store.

Airbox Grommets

Old 10-09-2002, 10:29 PM   #5
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

yea thats them
i tried five plavces on the internet the online salvage yards no one has answerd i don`t think they are interested in selling shipping would cost more than the parts if you want to sell the gromets let me know i need them
Rice Haters Club Member #55
For My car Specs Click the Home page link
http://www.badassyellowgt.50g.com/
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 07:34 AM   #6
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Look, I tell you what man,,, There's no reason for me to sell them to you, I will see how much it will cost to mail them to you and get them out as soon as I can,,, don't worry about buying them from me, they were about to go in the trash with the rest of my old stang parts (I don't need them anymore)...

When I was in a situation like you , and was desparately looking for the plug-end for the timing sensor, no one had one, and the dealer wanted to sell me the whole harness for 200.00... I finally found this one guy in a junkyard that had 1 left, he was nice enough just to let me have the part w/o charging me... -- it's time for me to return the favor... Just make sure, if you find someone in need of a favor like this, that you pass it on as well..

--email me your mailing address and I will let you know when I mail them out...

rwoolley@datarecall.net

--later