MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-13-2005, 07:30 PM   #1
mlbplaya
Registered Member

Default Needs 4.6 advice please!

Hi, i am an owner of a 1996 Mustang Gt with some work done to it and wanted to know what would be best to do next and what cams and heads would be best for it also. Just to give you an idea of what its got already its got, BBK long tube headers, off road h-pipe, two chamber Flowmasters, 3” stainless tips
Steeda billet flywheel, King Cobra clutch, Steeda adjustable clutch quadrant, Tremec T-45 5sp., FRPP aluminum driveshaft, Auburn Pro Series differential w/FRPP 4:10’s, Superior hardened axles, Pro 5.0 short throw, Flameball illuminated shift knob
Eibach Sportline springs, KYB shocks and struts, Steeda strut tower brace, painted brake calipers, Powerstop cross-drilled front rotors w/Hawk pads
FRPP 70mm throttle body, Steeda underdrives, UPR cold air intake, BBK adjustable fuel pressure regulator, FRPP 9mm wires, Diablo Sport chip, NOS 150hp kit w/dual side purge, Lokar dipstick tube, various chrome engine pieces, Ford 200A chrome alternator, Optima Red Top battery and it has 46,000 original miles.
I would appreciate the help, Thank You
mlbplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:37 AM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: Needs 4.6 advice please!

The best bang for the buck is easily the PI head/cam swap. The stock 99-04 GT's have much superior heads and cams to the 96GT's. With your '96s flat top pistons, you'll pick up quite a bit of compression with the swap, and you'll see some nice hp gains.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:38 AM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Well, that's the best if you're going to stay NA. The 4.6s respond quite well to a little boost, too.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:45 AM   #4
mlbplaya
Registered Member

Would you know of any other performace parts i could add and about how much do you think i will be paying for the heads/cams swap, becasue the instgallation isnt a problem for me. I used to work at ford dealership aroound the building so i got to know the mechanics pretty well.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:15 PM   #5
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

I can get the parts fairly cheap, but shipping may be a bit expensive. Where are you located?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:17 PM   #6
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

nevermind.....duh. PA huh? That shouldn't be so bad. I'll double check my pricing on those for you but I believe I can get everything for about $700. Don't be surprised if it's more, but I think that's the price on the PI swap.....

Later.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:58 PM   #7
mlbplaya
Registered Member

If i can get the pi heads and cams for 700 dollars i will kiss you feet, well not only do i want the pi heads and cams but im going to need a different intake manifold that could within stand the extra power and if you have any other suggestions as to what else i can do to my stang i am all ears. Thank you
Old 12-19-2005, 04:37 PM   #8
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Actually, I have a set of CNC'd PI heads sitting here, and the cams to go with it. The only thing I don't have it the Intake. If you're looking to buy a "good" intake anyway, look into the Foxlake P-51. Great numbers out of that thing.

I'll sell those heads and cams for $500.00 + shipping. Or if you want you can just pick them up. I'll try to take a few pictures of them and you can see if you want them. I was thinking about using them on my car, but money talks.....you know?

If you can think of anything else you might want let me know.

Later.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:05 PM   #9
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Oh the cams are stock. Just to let you know.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:34 PM   #10
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Sorry, not CNC'd. Hand ported. Anyway, let me know if you want them, I'll sell them cheaper than $500.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:42 PM   #11
mlbplaya
Registered Member

I am actually really interested in what you have but im trying to find out about them before i buy the wrong kind. What does hand ported exactly mean and who did them? Are they used? What kind of performance increase should i expect out of them? And i might even be able to pick them up if its right for my car. Talk to you soon.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:04 AM   #12
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

If you want give me a call at the shop,(704) 660-3464. These are used heads,call and we can discuss any questions you have.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: