MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-04-2004, 08:05 PM   #1
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default New Cat-back

I just had a Flowmaster Force II Catback installed on my 97 Vert and it is exactly what I was looking for. It is quiet on the inside but sounds powerful on the outside.

My car has an automatic, and being a convertible, does not have as much insulation behind the back seat because of the top well. Lift up that vinyl liner and there is no insulation. Also, the automatic runns at a higher and more consistent rpm than a 5 speed, so the mufflers drone, even the stockers to an extent.

I started last December by having my stock mufflers cut off and 40 series Flowmasters welded in. The roar inside was awful, even though the car sounded awesome. I tried it for a few days, then had the Flows cut off and Borlas welded in. The interior still had a drone, but it sounded stock on the outside. I kept asking the guy at the muffler shop if he could put 50 series Flowmasters on it, but he said they were too big, so I started looking at cat back systems.

The Force II is a 3 chamber Flowmaster system with 2 1/2 inch inlet and outlet and 2 1/2 inch OEM style polished tailpipes. It also has welded on heat shields on it which help with interior noise. I was going to install them this weekend, but my muffler shop guy said he would put them on for $70, so I got my son to take it over today.

The result is awesome. The car has the Flowmaster sound, but you can still hear the Mach 460 even with the windows up and every little piece of interior plastic doesn't vibrate and buzz. It sounds as good as my 98 GT (5 speed) with 40 series Flows on it!

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 12:17 AM   #2
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Default Re: New Cat-back

Harold: Glad you like it. Man your car looks really nice with the bar and new rims.

Blake

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 07:47 AM   #3
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: New Cat-back

Thanks Blake, I am loving it. It doesn't look like I'm driving my wife's car any more, it has a little more testosterone than it did before!

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: