MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-12-2001, 02:43 AM   #1
Power
Registered Member

Post Sensible thoughts.....

Sorry to start a new topic but I wanted some fresh stuff in here.

I think today that invisible line was crossed where Americans see nothing but other Americans in each other. These different factions that wage war and terrorism against the USA survive because they remain small, and they keep the body count to enough where they have waged jihad ,but not high enough that crosses that invisible line.

They seem to forget that our country isn't rich becuase we had stuff handed to us on a large platter. This country was built entirely around blood, sweat, and tears. And yes, even death. Thru many a sacrifice this country was built from the bottom up to becoming the reigning superpower of the world.

Now, I truly hope, they have finally crossed the line that makes everyone stand up and say enough. The people of this country will not stand for this, and will step up and show just how powerful we can be. Whoever is responsible has no chance of hiding if enough effort is put into finding him.

I also believe the countries that would aid these people will be dealt a punishing blow as well.

This could of course be wishful thinking, but I truly hope that the lifes lost today were not in vain. Lets makes some changes and eliminate threats to our way of life.

Sorry if I rambled too much, I'm tired and have a real long week ahead of me here.

ThreatCon-D has a lot of BS attached to it.....
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 04:16 AM   #2
mustang marty gt

power ,you are right as i guess you saw from my post's on other topic's , i am a vet of beirut, hope i spelled that right & the gulf war, i feel i wasted my time both ,time's & lost a lot of comrade's in arm's i know what you are going through now, the waiting is , the hardest part . i hope you don't have to go into action i was navy in lebanon & army in iraq -artillary they, didn't need us in iraq, at all but i'm paying the price still , today so i hope you don't . do not take those nerve agent pill's man take my word on that.but you are right . these little idiot terrorist's should find a higher purpose in life rather than just useless bloodshed, god help us & hopefully them just don't see it happening for their sand smothered brains , take care bro & stay low to the ground. from an old vet!

------------------
well maybe not that old but just, hope my jabber made sense ,see ya !

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 04:29 AM   #3
Mach 1
Registered Member

They survive because we cant find them and they hide very well. Bin Laden has been wanted man for a long time. If your smart enough, its not hard to hide in this big world.

Ill be putting up with theatcon D myself, so I can feel for ya. You arent the only one.
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 03:50 PM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation

Power:

I've said my piece on other related threads so I won't repeat myself here, except to say that I agree with your sentiments 100%.

I just hope we, as a country, have the resolve to do what has to be done and pay the price that may have to be paid in order to rid ourselves of these terrorists, or at least stop them from attacking and destroying our buildings and murdering our people with relative impunity (up to now, anyway).

Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 07:53 AM   #5
Mustank the Destroyer

Threatcon-D:

Normally I park my stang under my barracks window so I can keep an eye on it. Now I have to move it to a lot on the other side of the compound (just in case it magically turned into a bomb since Teus.(It hasn't moved since Mon.) And you would'nt believe how hard it is to get onto post in Germany...and I worked a 32hr "day" on Teusday. Give me a SAW and take me to Bin's house. I want to discuss some political matters over a cup of tea.
Old 09-13-2001, 11:56 AM   #6
1965GTO
Registered Member

According to reports on tv the clinton administration had located bin laden and thought about it but decided not to do anything. They probably thought they had taught him a lesson with the first bombing and were afraid of what polls might say. Chances are we will wait around a long time and then do something after we make sure it is prudent. Then we will forget about it.I was in the military and was in the philippines during the new peoples army attacks on americans,so mustank destroyer I understand what you are going through. They will do many things that are useless just so they can say they are doing something.They have already started a bunch of new policies at airports that aren't needed to prevent what happened tuesday.
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 01:43 PM   #7
bada$$lx

Cool

We have alot of MW members in the military, and I am very proud to be an American and am very grateful to the men/women in the U.S. military I'm positive I'm not alone). The military has been in my family for generations (father -army/vietnam; great uncle - army/WWII; cousin - army-paratrooper/desert storm etc, etc). I'm not in the military, but if necessary I would fight w/ my all for this country and my family/friends. Good luck to you all in whatever we need to do! God bless.
Old 09-13-2001, 01:44 PM   #8
bada$$lx

........forgot to mention my grandfather (who is now deceased) who was a Navyman in WWII!