MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-21-2004, 07:35 PM   #1
Bri's ride
Registered Member

Question any thoughts?

I want to know what cam i should go with. I'll be getting an Allen supercharger at 6psi in the future, im getting my prochamber next weekend and i get equal length soon after. I haven't been able to find any equal length for the 4.6 any body know were i could find some?

Well anyway, the car will be a daily driver so i don't want a cam thats too wild, any thoughts? and would i need to replace the valve springs.

I live in tucson AZ, anybody know of a place where i could get my car tuned after i get this all done(wont be for quite some time)

Finally, has anybody else been having problems with this site going really slow or is it just me.
Thanks for any help, sorry bout the long post, im bored
Bri's ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 09:45 AM   #2
acidskie
Registered Member

sorry I can't help with the other questions, but I can confirm site issues. I have seen them too.
acidskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 11:51 AM   #3
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

A set of '99+ PI cams work really well with NA and low boost (up to 10 psi) motors, and they are a direct bolt in and cost very little money. They are worth 13 rwhp on a NA NPI motor, so with the boost I wouldn't be surprised to see 18+ rwhp. Drivability of course is just as good as any '99+ Mustang.
As far as headers, just save up you money and get longtubes. The shorties aren't really worth a damn on these motors, even with the blower. Its a shame no company has come out with a nice set of mid-lengths. Kook's used my old '97 Tbird to develop a set of midlengths for the modular Tbird, Cougar, and Mark VIII cars and they were killer. Flowed like a long tube, but keep the clearances of a stock exhaust.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 12:05 PM   #4
Bri's ride
Registered Member

ok any idea what numbers i might seen on the dyno (if i can find one) with the blower, pi cams and the exhaust.
Thanks
Old 02-22-2004, 12:35 PM   #5
Bri's ride
Registered Member

since the pi cams are the stock cams for 99+ i wont need new springs, its a direct replacement right?
Old 02-22-2004, 07:46 PM   #6
Bri's ride
Registered Member

sorry bout all the seperate post but i am always thinkin of stuff. Will i be able to change the sproket from my 97 to a 99+ cam shaft. thanks