View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 08:11 AM   #7
ivy95gts
5.7 < 5.0... and I failed math

Default Re: newbie, lots of questions

Well, as far as rust goes RARELY do I see one with any issues... and it's always in the later body styles. With you wanting a late 90's that won't really be an issue. As far as the weather goes... well, I can't speak for the others... but they aren't the most fun things to play with in the snow. If you happen to be getting a 4.6 it might not be as bad as a 5.0, but my experiences are with 5.0's (torque monster in most cases). 96' and up and you should be safer. If your thinking about a 4.6 though, let me offer some advice to go with a 99' and up. That's all also if your planning on getting a v-8. As far as power output go, the P.I. platform makes a big difference. Most 96'-98' owners end up making a head and intake swap for these such parts in the long haul anyway, so it would save some time and money. Well, hope I helped you out in some way. Good luck.
95' Mustang GT-S: Mac headers, off-road H, and cat back, 3.73, Mac fenderwell cold air, throttle body spacer, Mac under-drive pulleys, crane cam .530/.530,Professional products intake, 70mm TB, Tremec TKO500, Hurst short throw, UPR handle, Ford racing strut tower brace, Mickey Thompson ET's, broken stock axles
Best ET: 8.53 @ 81 MPH

Sponsored by Modular Madness
Mooresville, N.C
(704) 660-3464
ivy95gts is offline   Reply With Quote