MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-25-2006, 10:05 AM   #1
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Default Outer Tie Rod Noise...Replace?

Before the accident those 275 tires I had on the front of the car did some damage to the steering gear/linkage. The front left of the car sustained the most damage in the accident so they replaced one of the tie rods which Ford had told me 2 weeks earlier was worn. Now I still hear the ratcheting sound from the front when I turn the wheel, I'm pretty sure its' the other tie rod. Is replacing it the best idea? And since I drive the car everyday I was looking into subframe connectors if anyone has a preference as to manufacturer...I think they might also make it easier to jack the car up anywhere also.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Default Re: Outer Tie Rod Noise...Replace?

Replace the tie rod and any brand sub-frame is a good sub-frame. As long as you go with a weld in style. The bolt in style are just junk.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:08 PM   #3
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Default Re: Outer Tie Rod Noise...Replace?

Crap...The bolt-ons' are what I just bought. I guess now I have to see if that rod has to be cut off, beyond that I have to check to see if I have a good blow torch..Maintaining this car sucks. Are the bolt-on tie rods' safe or is it a much better bet to go with the welds?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: