MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-24-2002, 12:54 PM   #1
midnightoutlaw
Registered Member

Default paxton or procharger

intercooled procharger or novi 1000

I looking in to getting a blower for my as a first mod(8lbs or less boost till I have the money for a real short block I dont want to be driving around with a short block set up for a blower and be running it N/A )?1 what amount of boost do you guys think I should run.#2 is the chips that come with the kit safe enough till the bottom end is built and then have it dyno tuned. #3 for those running either of these 2 systems what are your likes and dislikes(how complete the kit is, how it is made and the power output)
sorry for so many ?s
thanks for any help
midnightoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 05:04 PM   #2
stangt00
Registered Member

Hey bro. Steeda makes a damn good setup for the mustang using the Paxton. Check it out at Steeda under the mustang category, then Fuel/Induction parts.
Quote:
Steeda's all-in-one supercharger system includes everything you need to get the car tuned and supercharged. The kit in includes steeda custom ECU program, double fuel pumps, Vortech V2-SQ or Paxton Novi 2000supercharger, and all the extras you need to get the best system into your Mustang! Dyno tested at over 400 rwhp!!
When I get mine, this is going to be the one.
80mm Pro-M mass air, 24lb injectors, 75mm BBK T/B, K&N Filter Cold Air, 1/2" Phenolic intake spacer, Underdrive Pulleys, Dyno Tuned Autologic Chip, FMS Shorty Headers, Mac Prochamber 2 1/2" Off Road H pipe, 2 Chamber Flowmasters,
Steeda lowering springs. Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw shifter, Steeda Power slot rotors w/ Hawk Pro pads, 3.73 FRP Gears. Headwork and Comp cams install in progress.
stangt00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 07:28 PM   #3
mlambrecht82
Registered Member

You couldn't go wrong with the steeda kit. But if you go with the procharger make sure you don't use their fuel pump, use one from steeda. And I never got to experience the Procharger tuning, they didn't have one out for my '02 yet so I went with a custom tuned Diablo, just make sure you get it dyno tuned. Ask Rice hunter about his gains after the dyno tune.

Custom Electronic Exhaust cut outs
Tuning via Diablo Predator
Ported and polished Throttle body and plenum
Line locker (for the smoke shows)
Stock boost
412 rwhp 379 rwtq
mlambrecht82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 12:33 AM   #4
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Procharger hands down!!!!!

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 07:24 PM   #5
Janeofalltrades

Default Paxton Supercharger?

midnightoutlaw....Paxton has a nice Novi 1000 - 8-9 psi for your car only runs about...$3,800 at Brothers Performance...The GT intercooler runs an additional $1,400. What's a little cash if you can't spend it... LOL..The supercharger kit comes with injectors and chip....

~Jenn~
Old 01-01-2003, 12:34 PM   #6
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Maybe i'm the mustant here, but has anybody ever considered the Saleen or Roush type set-up? I dunno if its worth the money, but its a tidy affair.
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 01:59 PM   #7
Janeofalltrades

Default Point

The Roush Roots Superchrager system is a nice design. I didn't think it was for sale to the general publc. I always considered it something you had to have one of their vendors work on and they then re-engineer the vehicle with the product I think they are releasing for sale in 2003 if the website is right...LOL... Jack Roush has done well....Steve Saleen and the boys in Irvine also, good engineering and design capabilities. State of the art CAD and build facilities....

I just had never considered those types of vendor installed Supercharger kits to be a "do it yourself".. Job...But, If I had the Cash...HELL YA! I loved driving the Roush360R. The Roots style Supercharger was a little blister of physics......The happy little whine from it and then Woo Hooooo hold your seat fellas....LOL

Go for It..You only live once...

~Jenn~
Old 01-02-2003, 02:31 AM   #8
MiracleMax
Registered Member

I know you can buy the Saleen S/C, and I think its a kit that includes flashing the factory chip (if I remeber correctly?)

I am so tempted to sell the 91 and parts just to finance an S/C'd 4.6

I think a block from DSS, heads from Foxlake, and the Saleen or Roush S/C would make a pretty nice daily driver.

Well that and a few other mods all wrapped in my nice Black 02 GT
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote