MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-10-2004, 10:00 PM   #1
Hatem Ghandour
Registered Member

Default Pi Intake Problems!!

I got a 96 GT and im in process doin the PI intake swap...i bumped into a couple of problems..first off the pI gasket is not the same as the lower intake and there are little stubs on them that are supposed to go into the lower intake but they don't line up...wat do i do about that and the most important thing one of the coolant sensors taht goes on top of the thermostat housing , theres no spot for it on the new PI intake..what do i do about that??

and wat else will i bump into durin the swap??
Hatem Ghandour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 09:44 PM   #2
cobrazex
Registered Member

Default Re: Pi Intake Problems!!

If you are trying to install a PI intake on non-PI heads then that's your problem.....It won't work. You will have to tap your temp sensor into the thermostat housing............
1999 F-350 CC Dually PStroke..1996 SALEEN s281 vert #380 & 1998 Cobra vert
cobrazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:10 PM   #3
surfbeast
Registered Member

The PI intake fits fine on the NPI motor. Usde the NPI gaskets and use a good bead of gasket sealant along the inside legnth of the gasket. Also use a good bead around the coolant ports. The temp sensor can be put in the flat section near the termostat. It needs to be drilled and tapped, can't remember the exact size. This mod added 20 rwhp, all over 3K rpms. I have had it for well over two tears with no leaks. I remeber being one of the first dozen or so guys doing this mod when everyone on this forum and the othe big # forums were saying " It won't work, It wont fit, It will Leak" buch of BS. It works great. Do the PI cam swap next and you will be very happy!!
Old 01-11-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
surfbeast
Registered Member

The tabs you were talking about should fit if you are using the NPI gaskets. If not cut the out, they are there to hold it in place, enogh gasket sealer will do the same thing. You also need to replace the coolant tube that is in the valley under the intake as well as the water pump nipple. You can use a piece oof heater hose and a few clamps and accomplish the same thing but the correct hose and nipple looks better and may last longer. The switch is easy and can be done in a few hours. One of the best bangs for the buck. Mine cost me a total of $110.00 bucks and took less then 3 hours for a total of 20rwhp!
God luck!