MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-04-2005, 11:09 PM   #1
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Default Possible Mods...?

So, let's play catch up first. As some of you may remember my 99 GT (Beauty) was purchased as my DD and the 68 was turned into more of a pleasure car. So when I was living in Houston, the 99 was stock for about a 1 1/2 years. I installed Eibachs and CC plates, 3.73 gears, a shifter, a cold air kit, and a TON of appearance modifications. So now we fast forward to present day. The 99 has the exact same stuff done to her. I would like to do a few mods but nothing extreme since I plan on doing a lot of work to her when I graduate from SMU next December.

Any suggestions? Or should I just hold off until I do it all?

I've got the mod-bug for some reason and I really don't know if I should wait or not.

BTW, the car is 6 years old now and has 60,000 No body damage but in need of some paint thanks to a Honda

RedLilPony.com
RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 02:46 PM   #2
serum114
Registered Member

Default Re: Possible Mods...?

You should get a good catback exhaust, and an O/R H or X pipe!!! Then you can have that kick butt sound and performance improvements to go with the apearance mods. I've read some negative things about MAC products, but im very pleased with the fit and price not to mention SOUND of my catback exhaust and O/R H-Pipe. MAC Performance prices can't be beat, check out some sellers on ebay they offer the exhaust for around $200 shipped and the H-Pipe for around $140 shipped...

COMING SOON
Venom VCN 1000 Nitrous Kit
Motive 3.90 Gears
serum114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:42 PM   #3
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

That was one mod I had in mind. I have Flows on the car but I have always wanted a full out exhaust system. A friend of my S/O has the MAC products you are talking about and his car is LOUD. My ex had the Bassani, but I never did like the sound it produced.

How much do X/H-pipe back systems run price wise?

RedLilPony.com
RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:28 AM   #4
serum114
Registered Member

I paid 300 for the MAC Catback and 150 for the O/R H Pipe. And paid 20 bucks for a set of MIL eliminators. You will love the sound, its like driving a new car, it really gets attention and it seems to discourage all the little ricers !!! Seemed to really open up the power at low rpms and no noticible difference at high rpms. Check on ebay for the pipes and catback, i bought my set from TexasHotRods, he's a great seller and specializes in Mustang performance exhaust and other mustang parts.

COMING SOON
Venom VCN 1000 Nitrous Kit
Motive 3.90 Gears
serum114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: