MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Talk about a bump on the head...(please read, important) (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=38744)

mustangman65_79 08-25-2003 01:49 AM

Talk about a bump on the head...(please read, important)

Well, my top of my head and neck hurts really bad right now and I'll tell u why...

About 12:00 today, well, soon to be yesterday, I left my room for the parts store. On the way there, a friend spotted me and tried to get me to race. Since my motor is almost done, (as in not working) I didn't want to. He passed me and went in front, got in the right lane, then slowed done. Well, my dumb *** speeds up a little and passed him to take his cause I had to turn off soon.

When I changed lanes, I did it a little too fast, lost control and sent the car flying through the center which has brush and a very large dip. When the car went through, it hit the dip and caused my car to roll 1 1/2 times; landing on it's top.

I crawled out ok, a little dazed, but I remember thinking, "where was I", then to realize that I was on the oppisite side of the lanes, going the wrong way.

So right now I'm lying in the Hospital, waiting to get out somewhere around 1-2 tomorrow. I'm fine exept for a stiff neck and a huge bump on my head. As for me car, there isn't much left, I just hope the motor is ok.

cyberstang5.0 08-25-2003 07:52 AM

Re: Talk about a bump on the head...(please read, important)

Dude, sorry to hear that. Glad your ok. Your lucky it was just a "bump on the head".

Quote:

Originally posted by mustangman65_79
As for me car, there isn't much left, just hope the motor is ok.
I'm glad you have your priorties in order http://www.westsidemustangs.com/foru...s/icon_lol.gif

TruBluePony 08-25-2003 08:53 AM

I am sorry to hear that as well. I have an 82 Capri that sits in my driveway(needs a motor) but I still won't get rid of it. I love that car so to hear of the possible demise of one, that just sucks. Anyway at least your ok, that's what really counts.

Coupe Devil 08-25-2003 10:17 AM

Dude that sucks.. Atleast your gonna be ok. .cars are replacable. I know sometimes it doesnt seem that way but they are..Chitty what happened but now look for a clean roller and drop that motor in it:D

Bradley

Fox Body 08-25-2003 01:35 PM

Again, glad you are okay, first of all. Really sorry 'bout the car, but there's always something salvageable and hopefully the entire engine as well. Take care.

mustangman65_79 08-28-2003 02:07 AM

Sorry it's been so long. I'm doing alright. My bump is now a scab, and my neck no longer hurts, but my pride and pocketbook do. $462 to get the car and another $50 to tow it again. Nothing like totaling your car, then being charged out the *** for it. My motor is ok, the block was crap, so I didn't care about it, but the chrome is what I cared about, and it's all good. The exhaust survived, along with my upper and lower control arms.

I will have pics up hopefully tonight.

Fox Body 08-28-2003 02:17 AM

Man, that really sucks. Sorry (again, thinking about it).

mustangman65_79 08-28-2003 02:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
pics of my car

This was after i wreked my car. the top was worse, but the forkleft lifted it up.

mustangman65_79 08-28-2003 02:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
another

mustangman65_79 08-28-2003 03:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Last one, the others are in the media center, should be a link at left.

mustangman65_79 08-28-2003 03:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
pic of my seat belt bruise, was better a couple of days ago

srv1 08-28-2003 06:10 AM

This totally sucks! I was just looking at the pic of your car last week! Well hope you get another one.

James

tireburner163 08-31-2003 10:59 PM

I'm pretty sure you can just buff that out

1969Mach1 09-03-2003 12:05 PM

Damn man, sorry to hear about your Pony. :( Glad to see your somewhat alrite. I guess it's a lesson.... Ever end up going to get that part? :rolleyes:

Take it easy,
-Sam.

silver_pilate 09-04-2003 10:48 AM

Not fun times. Glad to hear you're ok. I've been there and done that. Check out the wreck pics on my website in my sig. Anyway, I had a hell of a bruise on my shoulder and my hip from the seat belts and one nasty concussion. I was too sore to walk for a couple of days. Brings back memeories....God I miss that truck.

--nathan

mustangman65_79 09-05-2003 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1969Mach1
Damn man, sorry to hear about your Pony. :( Glad to see your somewhat alrite. I guess it's a lesson.... Ever end up going to get that part? :rolleyes:

Take it easy,
-Sam.

Yea, i got a ride from the girl who i was getting the fuel filter for. Cool this is she has a '90 Gt Vert. I've been trying to get her to buy parts for it, but she is only an e-2, so no money yet.