MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-05-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
dzold
Registered Member

Question Pulling Engine from 98 GT

Hi. I'm going to pull the engine from my 98 GT and rebuild it. Wondering if anyone has experience with this. It has BBK lt headers and a 5-speed. Is it possible to pull out the engine/transmission together? Do I have to remove the headers first? (I hope not! They were a bitch to install!) I do know that I have to at least loosen the headers to drop the tranny which is why I'd like to pull it all out as one piece. Thanks.
dzold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:43 AM   #2
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Default Re: Pulling Engine from 98 GT

That is really easy to do. We do that here all the time, however I hop you have a lift. To pull the engine and tranny together with the headers attached, pull it out from the bottom. disconnect everything as usual, and undo the 8 or so bolts that hold the k-member in and viola, engine on the ground. You will have to disconnect the shocks, which means you have to pull out the springs, but no big deal....usually. it can be done in 20 minutes if you have done it several times. Otherwise, look for it to take you about half a day to make sure that everything is disconnected and so on. Hope I have helped you out. Feel free to call me with any questions you might have.