MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-11-2005, 03:05 PM   #1
BlackedOut
Registered Member

Default Purchased 02 GT

I picked up my first V8 mustang on Saturday. What a difference over the V6. I love it. I got a black 2002 gt with the leather interior and it has the mach 1000 sound sysem in it. Anyone know anything about it? It has 4 amps mounted in the trunk and 2 10" or 8" subs on the sides. Pretty cool. OF course i got a 5 speed and im liking the power it has stock.
What i want to do is black out the tailights and emblems and glass. Anyone have any pictures like that? Where could i get it done? How much $? That may not be the first thing i do. First ill put a flowmaster catback system on it and an intake. Anyone have sound clips of that or know where i can go for that? Any suggestions? I wont put a power adder on it so im looking to be right around 300 horses. Catback, intake, chip. That should do it i think. One quick maintenance question. It has 45,000 miles and at idle it has a bit of a shake. Its nothing to serious but should i get like an intake cleanout done? Or what could i do to make it idle nice and smooth? I know that jiffy lube and stores like that have a 3 step process that cleans out carbon from the throttle body and then cleans out the system and burns it off which should smooth it out. Anyone know anything about that? That should do it for now. Ill try to post some pics.
BlackedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:16 PM   #2
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

Default Re: Purchased 02 GT

instead of intake and chip ...id go with gears, and udp's or something along those lines ...an intake wont do much for you and a chip isnt the best starting mod to get either
Old 07-12-2005, 10:12 AM   #3
BlackedOut
Registered Member

So 3.73's? or whats the best? what are the stock gears? udp's about $100? whos good at performance work in so cal?
Old 07-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #4
BlackedOut
Registered Member

Im driving on the freeway and im in 4th gear and getting ready to shift into 5th at about 60 mph and the rpms drop and the car stalls. What could possibly cause that? Its farely new, only 45,000 miles what would cause that? Do I need to change plugs? The car still idles a little shaky as well. How much are tune ups on mustang gt's for the dealership? Who do people trust in so cal to work on their mustangs?
Old 07-14-2005, 10:03 PM   #5
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Check your Computer for codes and take a look at your old plugs when you replace them.

Here's some good info on how to read your plugs:
http://www.densoiridium.com/howtoreadusedplugs.php

Suspected systems are ignition, fuel, Emissions, and finally electronic (computer).

I knew my 98 had a bad computer when I was on the highway one day and the car decided to go into anti-theft mode and kill the engine right when I was decelerating for the exit.

Be sure to check for vacuum leaks at the intake manifold or vacuum hoses.

Check to make sure the following emissions system sensors are good:
MAF, IAT, DPFE, EGR valve and vacuum regulator.

Thats all I can think of right now...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: