MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-09-2001, 12:00 PM   #1
bark3rd
Registered Member

Unhappy Radiator/Coolant check light coming on when racing

I was out last Sat night street racing as usual (5 kills, including an LTi T/A w/mods!)
and when I went hard through the gears my Coolant check light would come on. The temp gauge reads normal, and coolant level is fine. When I turned the car off and re-started it the light would go off only to come back on again the next time I romped hard on it. With my 4:10's and enthusiastic right foot, I often bump the rev limiter hard in 1st gear, could this be causing the computer to warn me? Is it possible the engine could be hotter than the temp gauge indicates? (It is functioning, the gauge rises slowly when the car is warming up). Pls help, I may be frying my car! I am running 92 oct gas with my timing set at 13 deg.

------------------
Black 2000 GT,5 spd,17" wheels,4:10's,flowmasters Steeda pulleys, timing adjuster, K&N filter
bark3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 08:25 PM   #2
rolling96
Registered Member

Possibly the coolant temp sensor malfunctioning? I would start there since it's cheap enough.

------------------
Mike
rolling96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 09:56 AM   #3
01 BLACK GT
Registered Member

I think there is a level sensor in the coolant tank that lets you know when it is low on coolant. With those 4:10;s Im sure your car has alot of pull and the coolant is forced rearward causing the light to come on. MAYBE? Or it could be faulty.

Joe

------------------
01' Black GT
2 chamber Flows Mach 460, Leather 17"thrust wheels, bassanni x-pipe with cats, BBK Cold Air, Steeda pullies and timing adjuster @ 13*, Steeda Satin Shift Knob
Tri-ax shifter A pillar Double gauge pod, Auto meter White Phantom Gauges Fuel Pressure and Vac, Richmond 3:73's
Steeda Subframe Connectors.Strut Tower Brace
13.41 @ 102.1mph

01 BLACK GT is offline   Reply With Quote