MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-23-2001, 02:08 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Post Ram-Air set up for 99+ GT's using stock scoop. What company makes it???

Okay, I'm sure I wasnt dreaming. I remember seeing somewhere in a magazine, the installation of a Ram-Air system for 99+ GT's that uses the stock Ford Hood Scoop. Who makes it, and what the internet address?

I've decided the next mod I'm going to save up for is going to be Ram-Air. I really like the Design Concepts Shaker Hood Scoop ram-air, but its to pricy for me.

If I cant find it, or its to expensive also,I guess I'll be getting 4:10's next then.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Future resto.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 01:12 PM   #2
Bushmaster
Registered Member

Here's the address for the company that makes the kit: http://karkraft.com/99_00_parts.htm
And here's an addy for a web page set up by someone who installed it on their car: http://members.toast.net/BillGold/_RamAir/RamAir.htm
Hope this helps......
Bushmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 01:39 PM   #3
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Thanks Bushmaster.

Well.....for 569$, considering I dont have the scoop, I think I'll hold off for the Design Concepts Shaker Ram-Air system, and see what the actual price of that system is. They say it will be around 650$. Seems like it is designed better, and I think looks mean. Although looks dont matter all that much to me, as long as it works.

Any one have the KarCraft system? Any thing to say on it?

Oh and Bush Master...Welcome to the sight man.

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 07-23-2001).]
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 04:32 PM   #4
Bushmaster
Registered Member

Thanks! I just got my '01 GT about three weeks ago and have been astounded at the online resources about these cars (and all the great 'Stangs).
I found it kind of amusing that the guy who put together the website went to all the trouble to install the kit and document the whole process, then followed it up by saying that he didn't notice any performance improvement. Some endorsement!
Bushmaster is offline   Reply With Quote