MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2000, 11:02 AM   #1
Stefan
Registered Member

Wink ramblings

I think the weather does have a bit to do with fewer posts on this board. We had 55 degree temps last Thursday and 5 inches of snow on Saturday! Well, here's the scoop. My 96 GT is bone stock save for a K&N and Splitfires(no laughing they were free). The car is a daily driver so ultimately I foresee wanting to get HP into the 260 to 300 range. I don't have any plans for taking it to the strip so I think those numbers will keep me happy. I am purchasing some March pulleys and upgrading my K&N to a K&N filtercharger injection perf. kit. Assuming that my car is well tuned and has stock HP of 215 will the pulleys and K&N kit bump it up a couple numbers? I'm not naive and realize that bolt on ads are notorious for high HP gains - just wondering where I might stand with these first two mods HP wise and theoretic 1/4 time. Next round of mods planned are 3:73's, MAC or FLowmaster catback, and subs. Gotta start somewhere.
Car has 54,000 miles on the clock.
Thanks for lettin' me ramble and sorry for the length of this post.

Stangs are fun in the snow.
Stefan

------------------
66 Standard coupe
200 inline 6 - Pertronix ignition, K&N, Clifford Perf. 6 into 2 headers(not installed yet), Holley carb, three row radiator

96 GT Convertible
K&N (more to come)
Where'd my money go?
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote