MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-25-2001, 10:35 AM   #1
bark3rd
Registered Member

Unhappy Ran my 502 out of gas at full throttle, should I worry?

Sorry to be off Mustangs, but I know someone out there will know the answer to my question. I have a Baja outlaw with a Mercruiser (Chevy)502 MAGNUM MPI and I was running flat out against two other boats at about 72 MPH and it bogged momentarily, kept going, and then bogged and flamed out. My gas gauge failed and I ran out of fuel in the middle of the lake (and a race!)! It didnt make any weird noises that I could hear, I'm just paranoid because I had to park the boat dead without refueling because the marina was closed so I dont know if shes ok yet. I know it is bad to run a fuel injected motor out of gas-just wanted to see if there is a procedure for revival (prime injectors? fog intake with lubricant?) when this happens.

------------------
Black 2000 GT,5 spd,17" wheels,4:10's,flowmasters Steeda pulleys, timing adjuster, K&N filter
bark3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 10:38 AM   #2
MajorTwit
Registered Member

I wouldn't be too concerned unless you had a lot of crap in the tank or it was running hot.

------------------
2K GT Stock
FoolRichard
MajorTwit is offline   Reply With Quote