MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-18-2002, 09:25 PM   #1
stang911
Registered Member

Question rear disc brake /c-clip eliminator

Hello, I'm in the rear axle beefing up process and I need some advise concerning the following:

I would like to replace stock axle with Moser 31 spline for durability, at the same time I'm looking for a rear disc brake upgrade ( 90 5.0 lx) I thinks Lincoln part can be used but I'm not sure can somebody help with that or should I stick with a conversion kit like those from ssbrake?

If I'M right I also need c-clip eliminator for car runing under 11.99, is those fit with disc brake?

Last thinks, I'm sure this have been discussed a lot in the past, it is concerning locker / limited slip diff. The car will be used on the street and on the track, I'm concidering Auburn pro locker or Powertrax lock right. Any other idea?

Thanks

Stang911
stang911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 06:01 PM   #2
MiracleMax
Registered Member

seems to me most c-clip eliminators are for dumb-brake set-ups,

if your going the disc-brake route, chop the housing ends off and have some 9-inch bearing ends installed, they'll be alot toughter than c-clip eliminators. At one time before I wussed out on my 8.8 and went drum/c-clip elimators, I had given some thought to using 9 inch ends and explorer rear discs. If I remeber correctly? Curry had the parts to do it.
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 06:54 PM   #3
andy669
Registered Member

Im not sure about using a stock style rear disc with the c-clip eliminators. However my strange axle package with the eliminators worked just fine with the aerospace brakes. Neither c-clip eliminators or the aerospace drag brakes are designed for street use, so I wouldnt recommend this route if this is a street car. If you contact Strange they will give you all the information necessary for choosing the right disc brake setup.
andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote