View Single Post
Old 02-21-2002, 03:35 PM   #9
MetalHead
Registered Member

PKRWUD,

Thanks a lot for all your explaining, you have really explained things thoroughly. I just have one more technical question, and then an advice question.

Technical: If the 8.8'' and 9'' figures are the measurement of the diameter of the ring gear, and as you say they make a variety of different gear ratios for a single diameter (9'' = from 2.8 to 6.5), then how can they make a ring gear with different numbers in teeth, and yet still have the same diameter? Is it because they only change the number of teeth by 1 or 2? Or something else?

The advisory question is what you think I should go with. I have a 67 coupe with a 289, 600 cfm edelbrock performer rpm carb, edelbrock airgap intake, MSD ignition system, true dual exhaust with flowmasters, hooker competition headers. I have an edelbrock cam in my backseat, but i'm currently saving to put a new tranny in my car first, i think i'm going with a toploader or a T5, not sure yet. After that I want to go with a new rear end, which is the reason for all the questions, and after that some new heads. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and thanks again PKRWUD, you've been a big help!

Jason
MetalHead is offline   Reply With Quote