View Single Post
Old 04-30-2002, 09:30 PM   #9
Tim C
Registered Member

I was going to post, but steedamustang01 took the words from my mouth (literally, when he quoted me!), If you plan on N/A, or nitrous go 4.10 (you could hit the spray after your rolling to keep spinning down). But if future plans call for boost, go 3.73. I have convinced everyone I hang with who has 99+ GT That 4.10s are awesome, and 3 of them just installed a set. In the quarter I cross right at 5500-5700 Rpms. In the city I actually picked up a couple of MPG (now i cruise in 5th instead of 4th, my rpms now are lower in 5th than I used to cruise in 4th), and only dropped about 3-4mpg highway on the few 100+ mile trips i have taken.

I highly suggest the next step after the gears be control arms in the rear and if you dont mind some sway and a slight loss in cornering, lakewood 70/30 front struts and a removed front sway bar (It lifts the front real good and cut down on the amount I spin off the line, ask Merc, Mike_Navigator, Budman 94GT, or MstngScoob), they'll tell ya!) Plus with the right mods, 4.10s and suspension, you can surprise the hell out of new vettes on bottom end like I did in the post Merc made in street racers forum (Weekend Kills ..... and Tim C vs new vette!)

Good luck
Tim
Tim C is offline   Reply With Quote