MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-13-2001, 09:37 AM   #1
LI STANG
Registered Member

Unhappy scary dealer story

Try to make a long story short. Took my 99 back to ford with a nasty clutch rattle at idle only when hot.

Two weeks later I get the car back yesterday worse than when I brought it there.

First, the print out says I got new everything, clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, but immediatly after starting it up I new it was f***d up.

The clutch is soft like a 80,000 mile car,
they f***d up my Pro-5.0 shifer, almost like all the springs were removed internally,
and theres a nasty rattle comming from the clutch or pressure plate,whatever, at like 1600 rpm.

Not to mention the butt plugs decided to wash the car before i picked it up, using maybe a brillo pad, now my black finish which I spend most of my time trying to avoid swirl marks looks like *** .

Back I go tommorrow.

By the way, it made the noise before the pro-5.0 shifter.

---------------------

99 gt , bassani hi flow x, magnaflows
LI STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 09:40 AM   #2
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs down

That sucks. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I guess i've been lucky as so far my dealer has been kickass. Just keep on 'em and you should end up on top. Keep us posted as to what happens.

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 07:08 PM   #3
95GTS
Git jiggy

Cool

Since they are that bad, personally, I'd take that shifter off and put the stock one back on it so your Pro 5.0 doesn't "disappear". Why did they wash the car?
I had mine in for a lower intake recall and when I went to pick it up that night the driver's side door lock was broke and they didn't even have the TPS plugged in.

------------------
1996 Mustang GTS <---Must sell. $10,900 obo 56,000 miles
95GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 09:43 AM   #4
LI STANG
Registered Member

I brought it back and now they tell me there was a TSB out there on a revised throw out bearing for 99's and they blamed ford for not telling them the 1st time.

I calmly asked what could have happened to my shifter, of course there was no answer.

In the daylight i saw a red stain on my floor mat which probably meant the monkeys took the internals out of my pro-5.0 in order to drop the tranny. Every look at a pro-5.0 before installed and u see the red grease for lube.

your dam right im gonna put in the stock shifer tommorrow, 96gts, since its going back monday.( $198 down the drain. should have took it out first.)

All this cause a little rattle at idle comming from the clutch that annoyed me so long i figured why not use the warranty.

Whatch out boyz,some dealers know jack about mustangs.
------------------------
99 gt, bassani x , magnaflows , one messed up pro-5.0

LI STANG is offline   Reply With Quote